[Web Tool] WhatPulse Stats

Updated 12th May 2014
[list][]Fixed issue with Google Fonts not loading font correctly
[
]Added extra uptime stat for team page → avg uptime per user & total uptime per user
[]Improved page loading speed
[
]Improved data retrieval
[/list]

[size=12]WhatPulse Stats Tool[/size]

Well I had nothing else to do so I decided to have a go at using the webapi.

[size=3]What The Tool Does[/size]

[list]
[]Shows account age & last pulse time,
[
]Various statistics on keys, clicks, bandwidth and upload.[/list]

[size=3]Coming Soon[/size]

[list]
[]User stats via URL
[
]Team stats
* Total recorded stats[/list]

[size=3]Screenshots[/size]

[size=3]Previous Updates[/size]

[code]Updated 30th April 2014

• Fixed issue with uptime stats (% & avg) displaying incorrect data.
  • Added username to tab title.

27th April 2014

26th April 2014

• New layout
  • Added more detailed stats
  • Added ranks[/code]

Very cool! I take it all the stats per day, hour and minute are calculated from the join date, not the amount of uptime one has? It might also be interesting to put average hours of uptime per day.

Also, maybe just in my browser, I noticed that the total data (downloaded+uploaded) value is repeated in the bottom left corner of the page, just so you know.

[quote=“n01, post:2, topic:13424”]
Very cool! I take it all the stats per day, hour and minute are calculated from the join date, not the amount of uptime one has? It might also be interesting to put average hours of uptime per day.[/quote]

Yes it’s based on the time since you’ve joined WhatPulse. I may add that average once I’ve got the ranks sorted out.

Yeah you just caught me testing something earlier :stuck_out_tongue:
Working on a system to switch between MB and automatic (MB, GB, TB etc).

This is fantastic! I can see myself using this pretty often. :slight_smile:

It’d be nice to see a Keys:Clicks ratio as well.

Very nice. I like the minimalist look and feel of it. Im surprised actually as my average keys per day has dropped by 50!

Added this on the new layout, go check it out :smiley:

This is nice. Is it possible to do something with the link so that I can go directly to my user’s stats instead of inputting the name? For instance http://whatpulse.jamesharris.net/Robby250 for mine.

Added to todo list.

edit: heh, you joined WhatPulse 3 days after me :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks a bunch! This is one of the stats I’ve been tracking manually for years. :smiley:

You can now access user stats by going to http://whatpulse.jamesharris.net/user/Robby250 . :slight_smile:

My friend on Google Chrome is having issues with not allowing him to type in the text boxes and his screen showing up improperly.
I’ve also noticed that when you don’t type anything in textbox and hit “View User Stats” button and end up with the Oops that user doesn’t exist page, typing in a username there doesn’t give you a result even if the username is correct.

Does this happen all the time even after refreshing the page?

If it is what I think it is and the text is ‘invisible’ until clicking a link then its a issue with Chrome 32, 33 and 34. Update to Chrome 35.

Thank you, corrected it so it should now work fine - had recently updated the way the data was received but forgot to update the error page.

nice

Very nice! :slight_smile:

You average at 110,000 keys a day. That’s insane. I type all day at work for my job and work on a website in the evenings/mornings/weekends and average 50k on a BIG day.

Where do you get so many keys from? What does your daily routine consist of, if you don’t mind me asking.

Ash

Well, I used to play a lot of Guitar Hero 3 (custom songs which are really hard and get you a lot of keypresses) all day every day in the past, and I had around 2.5 keys per second (215000 keys per day) around that time. But I stopped playing it consistently and my KPS slowly decreased.
I also have some kind of OCD so whenever I watch an anime series or a movie or whatever I tend to spam keys so that I get a false feeling of being productive. That also generates me a lot of keys when I do it.
And lastly it’s daily computer usage, I sit on the computer a lot daily.

Updated 30th April 2014
[list][]Fixed issue with uptime stats (% & avg) displaying incorrect data which affected people who joined 1,000 or more days ago.
[
]Added username to tab title.[/list]

Updated 12th May 2014
[list][]Fixed issue with Google Fonts not loading font correctly
[
]Added extra uptime stat for team page → avg uptime per user & total uptime per user
[]Improved page loading speed
[
]Improved data retrieval
[/list]

WhatPulse tweeted about my tool :smiley:

https://twitter.com/whatpulse/status/475278105079463936