Users losing keys

It’s just funny. “Hey lets delete soms keys! Oops we dont have any logs or proof”

I want you to think for a second about how many users WhatPulse has. Now, I want you to think about the fact that we only have at most 3-4 people working on ALL of those users. Explain to me how you expect us to check every user individually. Are we meant to spend 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on the computer checking for invalid key pulses?

The likeliness of someone losing their keys, and having earned them correctly, is highly unlikely. You were an unlucky individual, who happened to trip the things which are in place, and got reset. It’s an isolated event. Get over it.

~Century0

[quote=Century0]I want you to think for a second about how many users WhatPulse has. Now, I want you to think about the fact that we only have at most 3-4 people working on ALL of those users. Explain to me how you expect us to check every user individually. Are we meant to spend 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on the computer checking for invalid key pulses?

The likeliness of someone losing their keys, and having earned them correctly, is highly unlikely. You were an unlucky individual, who happened to trip the things which are in place, and got reset. It’s an isolated event. Get over it.

~Century0[/quote]

You’re not going to hear me say that you need to check every single user by hand. What would be smart in my eyes…first…make the old version of whatpulse no longer available, so only the correct version can pulse.

Also when a pulse comes in, calculate the AvKPS for the profile the user is pulsing with, not the entire profile of the user. That way if the pulse that user makes is too high in AvKPS for that profile, you can block it and not allow to post that amount of keys until the AvKPS is low enough to be allowed to pulse. Maybe even flag the user that tries to pulse with too high AvKPS in your database to indicate that this MIGHT be a cheat in progress, if it happens several times there would be a good reason to suspect the person of cheating (or at least trying to cheat).

I know that there is probably no chance that I will get my keys back, which sucks in my book, but if I can at least help in preventing this in the future that would at least make me feel sort of better.

What I however don’t understand is that the thread on the forum that mentioned (in all likelyhood) me as a cheater, was deleted at the same day that the keys got removed. I would have prefered it if I would have at least have the opportunity to see who flagged me and why.

Well…here’s to hoping it won’t happen again… raises glass cheers!

[quote=drakenpuppy]You’re not going to hear me say that you need to check every single user by hand. What would be smart in my eyes…first…make the old version of whatpulse no longer available, so only the correct version can pulse.

Also when a pulse comes in, calculate the AvKPS for the profile the user is pulsing with, not the entire profile of the user. That way if the pulse that user makes is too high in AvKPS for that profile, you can block it and not allow to post that amount of keys until the AvKPS is low enough to be allowed to pulse. Maybe even flag the user that tries to pulse with too high AvKPS in your database to indicate that this MIGHT be a cheat in progress, if it happens several times there would be a good reason to suspect the person of cheating (or at least trying to cheat).

I know that there is probably no chance that I will get my keys back, which sucks in my book, but if I can at least help in preventing this in the future that would at least make me feel sort of better.

What I however don’t understand is that the thread on the forum that mentioned (in all likelyhood) me as a cheater, was deleted at the same day that the keys got removed. I would have prefered it if I would have at least have the opportunity to see who flagged me and why.

Well…here’s to hoping it won’t happen again… raises glass cheers![/quote]

The old versions have been disabled, long ago. The only ones which work are 1.5. As far as the KPS, it was changed a while ago to encompass a different method of calculation as far as I know. It used to be you were unable to pulse if your KPS was too high. I believe people tended to complain and thus it was removed, or something of that sort. Do not quote me on that.

Also, as far as the forum thread goes, it is cleared every time that the team goes through and checks them.

~Century0

I could be wrong, but I think the pulse limits have more to do with activity within a pulse profile, e.g. it checks the avKPS since the last pulse on Mjolnir. However, it doesn’t quite show the right numbers when the stats get posted to the website.

Exactly! And that’s how Brechtchou and me got seen as cheaters to begin with…

It seems some of the user(s) got their keys back… Why did he/she/they get their keys back and we (or atleast I) didn’t? All our keys were removed for invalid reasons but this is just crazy…

Gonna be interesting to see if my upcoming keys will be deleted, haven’t pulsed since 14’th December so it’s quite a big pulse.

Wait what, my keys were removed?

What’s the use of the whole profiles thing if even when you use them you’re still accused of too high Average KPS when pulsing two PCs shortly after eachother? I’m absolutely positive I used different profiles on both PCs. Our team had a megapulse that day, so obviously I pulsed from all my PCs.

Seriously, implement some sort of average keys per second per profile or something since stuff like this is making whatpulse a lot less fun (saving up for months, pusling with the rest of your team, to see your keys removed again a while later). This isn’t the first time something like this has happened either.