Users losing keys

After reading the statistics of our team it seems that 4 of our users have lost some keys/clicks. Can you tell us what happened? The users are:

drakenpuppy (-3.760.000)
v0LrAtH (-3.551.476)
bReChThOu (-2.124.242)
mrbartjens (-1.690.801)

Yeah, I would very much like to know what happened Whatpulse. It would almost seem as if the keys I made since 5 december last year have all magically disappeared. I know I type a lot, but there doesn’t seem to be any reason why my keys are lost. If I look at my own profile I see the keys that I have send to the server since 5 december, but somehow I have lost close to 4.000.000 keys, obviously not something I like.

Please let us know what went wrong, 3.760.000 is a lot of keys to make up for.

Chances are they had suspicious looking pulses with high AvKPS’s which triggered a reaction.

I’ve sent off an email to wasted - I hope this isn’t due to server errors. Hopefully, he’ll get back to you soon.

Note to wasted - This thread seems to be dealing with the same problem:

http://forums.whatpulse.org/showthread.php?p=21883#post21883

Thx for your respons, hopefully they’ll get back :slight_smile:

The keys were removed because of the following reasons.

High AvKPS. While this may not be a valid reason to remove the pulse, when combined with the time frame between pulses they seemed very high and suspicious. If multiple profiles had pulsed at once this is a different story, but the dates on the other profiles if there were any where well before the date on this pulse.

This is the reason they were removed.

Bullshit, i had no high avkps between pulses from the same profile, only between pulses, but that was because i pulsed with multiple profiles (home pc, laptop etc) at once.
So can someone come up with a legit reason please?

7 2008/10/11 11:58:35 301,777 80,424 9.36 37722.13 10053
8 2008/10/11 11:58:27 348,846 218,434 17.82 0.11 0.07

Pulse 7 has a very high AVKPS but thats because I pulsed with profile 1 and then immediately with profile 2. Admins can see what pulses are done with wich profile so dont talk crap please, can an admin say something about it?

I have never cheated a single key in my entire life. If I had high AvKPS that’s because we had been saving for a megapulse. Many of us did. I pulsed from both my work profile and from my home profile. That got me serveral millions of keys. I didn’t even know anyone had pointed out that I would be cheating either. I don’t read these forums like every day you know.

Would be nice to at least send me a private message and ask about the pulses and if I can explain them. There was NO reason whatsoever to remove almost 4.000.000 keys from my profile. I worked hard to get them.

If we sent a private message to a real hacker asking about his dodgy-looking pulses, do you really think he’s going to say ‘yes I hacked!’?

Bobl maybe is it then time to create a website that calculates the the between the 2 pulses of the same profile instead of the same user.

For example:

2.000.000 keys with 1 profile in 1 month
of 2 pulses with each 1.000.000 keys in the same time will give then a accurate data.

You made it posible to pulse with 2 or more profiles why are you banning it if you want to save it for megapulse.

Eris:

[quote=^ghost^]The keys were removed because of the following reasons.

High AvKPS. While this may not be a valid reason to remove the pulse, when combined with the time frame between pulses they seemed very high and suspicious. If multiple profiles had pulsed at once this is a different story, but the dates on the other profiles if there were any where well before the date on this pulse.

This is the reason they were removed.[/quote]

But will he be able to explain how he got them? :wink:

I guess I will have to live with the fact that 3.760.000 keys have gone down the drain for no reason whatsoever, but what I would like to know is who says what is real and what is not. I mean I am a website programmer. All I do every single friggin day is type…type some more and then some! On an average day I will type around 40.000 keys at work and around 30.000 keys at home. On a top day, I could go to 80.000 keys at work and around 30.000 keys at home. Try making objects all day and creating all the methods, properties etc for them. See how your AvKPS will turn out.

Did you have a 3.7m pulse or were they several pulses deleted?

The admins and the anti-cheat team decide what is real and what is not and they do a damn good job of it. A few of them are developers too, but they don’t suffer from erroneously high AVKPS…

We dont have high AVKPs we just pulsed with different profiles at a time.
The anti-cheat time doesn’t do a good job, honost users get their pulsed removed while the real cheaters get away with it.

[quote=^ghost^]The keys were removed because of the following reasons.

This is the reason they were removed.[/quote]
It’s a tradition in the Dutch Power Cows to save keys and a bunch of us pulsing on a set date. Not only in WP but also in the different distributing computing projects in which DPC is active in. It’s kind of a trade mark for us cows.

You can find a lot of us DPC pulsing on the same date where these pulses have been deleted. Isn’t it possible to re-investigate these pulses, after all, if they were cheaters we wouldn’t be asking this:!:

[quote=bobL]Did you have a 3.7m pulse or were they several pulses deleted?

The admins and the anti-cheat team decide what is real and what is not and they do a damn good job of it. A few of them are developers too, but they don’t suffer from erroneously high AVKPS…[/quote]

There were several pulses deleted. It would almost seem as if anything I had pulsed since December 5 was deleted as the amount of keys was suddenly back at that amount or somewhere close to it.

I’m not going to argue that they don’t do their job properly, but I use 2 profiles to pulse. I’ve never been accused of cheating before and I know (ofcourse you can’t do anything but take my word for it) that I don’t cheat! Heck I hate cheating as much as the next guy.

When the anti-cheat team looks at the average keys per second, they’ll look at the average for the entire lifespan of the account, not just the averages on each pulse. We all know that due to the beta, those may come up inflated now and then, so that bit shouldn’t get anything deleted.

I’ve been typing something around 50,000 keys on a typical day, but my overall KPS is just under 0.3 keystrokes per second, since it includes the hours I’m away from the computer.

I was not involved in these recent cases, however - so I can’t say for sure what might have triggered the anti-cheat response. The most likely scenario was that someone looked at your overall average keys per second and removed the pulses that looked most suspicious. Of course, server errors aren’t always out of the question. They do happen, just like corrupt tokens do.

My account now http://whatpulse.org/stats/users/165678/
My account on google cache http://74.125.77.132/search?q=cache:CM_jGMpoAGAJ:whatpulse.org/stats/users/165678/normal/+whatpulse+165678&hl=nl&gl=be&strip=0

3 Pulses with a very high AVKPS, but that was because I pulsed at the same time with 2 different profiles, nothing wrong with that.
Not my fault your people can’t see that. But its not a server error for sure, because
only those pulses were removed.

[quote=bReChThOu]My account now hp://whatpulse.org/stats/users/165678/
My account on google cache h
p://74.125.77.132/search?q=cache:CM_jGMpoAGAJ:whatpulse.org/stats/users/165678/normal/+whatpulse+165678&hl=nl&gl=be&strip=0[/quote]

The pulses that were deleted were deleted because they were pulsed from the same profile at near-identical times, as is shown by Google Cache.

^ghost^'s post was exactly right, thank you for confirming that. :wink:

[quote=bobL]The pulses that were deleted were deleted because they were pulsed from the same profile at near-identical times, as is shown by Google Cache.

^ghost^'s post was exactly right, thank you for confirming that. ;)[/quote]

How exactly can you see from the Google cache on which profile he pulsed?

I still think this matter is unresolved and should be explained further. Human error or not, this could happen to anyone.

Anyway. I think the anti cheat team should keep a list with actions they have taken. Not necessarily for public view. If there are questions (like in this thread) a admin or mod could get a quick explanation from that list.