Odd message... :P (Client 1.6.2)

Firstly, this isn’t a bug, or at least doesn’t appear to be. After downloading whatpulse 1.6.2 I went into the settings to make sure all the settings where the same as in the previous version. They where, all but the “Pulse every [x]” setting, so I changed it to pulse every 10,000 key strokes.

After clicking the save button the settings window closed and I was shown the following message:

( Link)

Clicked Okay and everything carried on as normal, went back into properties to check that the setting had been saved - it had however once again when i clicked save the same message was shown.

Fairly sure this isn’t a bug, once I reach 10,000 clicks ill know for sure :stuck_out_tongue: (just 2000 to go xD)

— Edit ----

Reached 10,000 keystrokes and received an invalid token message. Got my self a new token and then tried to pulse manually and once again got an invalid token error. Did this a few times with no luck, tried setting the auto pulse back to 0, but still got invalid token error…

Seem to have fixed it now however, logged off of my account and restarted whatpulse, then pulsed manually after a few mouse clicks and there where no problems. Have now set it to pulse every 250 keystrokes and so far no problems.

It would appear that you need to mually pulse before setting an auto pulse limit to stop any invalid token messages. :s

— EDIT! HOW TO FIX! —

If you come across the problem above (E.g. keep getting invalid token errors: Log out of whatpulse and restart the client, then manually pulse before setting a ‘pulse every [x]’ option. This seems to fix the problem.

Bump!

Worked ok for me after a while. I got the same error message, but when I pulsed it was fine. I am now gonna wait an hour to see if it auto pulses correctly as Ive set it to pulse every hour. I just did the manual one to check if everything was ok, and Ive checked my profile and the keys are all there. :slight_smile:

Now for an hour of typing and MSN convos hehe, Hope your keys are all ok smithy.

Well i lost the first 10k but thats not a huge deal and it seems to be pulsing fine now so hopefully that was the last of the errors :stuck_out_tongue:

Good to hear. Shame about the 10k, but nothing in the long run. Im getting a hell of a lot more keys in now, so all is good. :slight_smile: Aiming hard for the top 25 in the UK. I WILL obtain it! :smiley:

lol good luck with that but it might take a while xD How many keys do you type / day on average?

Not too many at the moment, but its growing everyday because of the amount of work im getting done. Im just entering my easter break, so I have about 30 essays to do. Expect a few hundred K this week, heh :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice lol i don’t really pulse consistantly (had a period about about 5 months were i wasn’t using whatpulse) but on average i pulse anything from 10 to 50k a day depending on what i’m doing really.

Im at about 20k a day or so at the moment, but expect that to rise to about 40k over the next week, maybe more.

Well i’ve been doing coursework over the last few days and got about 200k but it’s unlikely ill every be doing anything involving quite so much work for a while :stuck_out_tongue:

Okay well the popup box is just leftover debug info. Gonna release a silent build on the forums soon with a few fixes (1.6.2.1) and see how that goes.

I’ll look into the token issues also. Tokens are being really weird in general so we’ll see.

Small issues in program settings:

• clicking on any of first 3 tabs causes window to lose focus
  • invalid grouping of radio buttons - the Every week button is grouped with Distance Type buttons
  • probably a debug info when closing setting window (accepting the changes)

well the problems are almost solved but that errors keep coming, but now i got this problem

Pulsed under Windows on computer EEEPC
No. When Keys Clicks Miles AvKPS AvCPS
1 2009/04/05 09:09:19 52,743 9,467 2.64 52743 9467

Well i hope that one is not gonna be deleted because it’s on a EEEPC, and this is no cheating or how you want to call it, only the avKPS and avCPS is very wrong…

Edit:

It fixed itself?

[quote=AmpliDude]Small issues in program settings:

• clicking on any of first 3 tabs causes window to lose focus
  • invalid grouping of radio buttons - the Every week button is grouped with Distance Type buttons
  • probably a debug info when closing setting window (accepting the changes)[/quote]

#1: I can’t do anything about in its current state AFAIK.
#2: I’ve already fixed this in 1.6.2.1. Was a tab order issue screwing up the grouping of the radio buttons.
#3: Also fixed in 1.6.2.1.

Thanks anyway - If you find anything else, let me know!

@[lydic.nl]totalkillzor: AvgKPS/CPS has nothing to do with the client - It’s an issue with the website and everyone’s waiting on a fix. If you don’t want it to be deleted, post again in the Suspected Cheaters Discussion Thread.

Perhaps this post should be renamed to somthing like “Client 1.6 Bug reports” or somthing similar? Fairly sure thats possible?

problem with the site is fixed, but now i set Update every hour, then I get the error (see ts) but now every hour there gets current hours +1 so last update was 4 hours ago and there stands:

Pulse Now! (Auto in 4 Hours)

Disable the pulse timer and set it again. That should fix it.

Its not working. I have set it to auto pulse every hour, removed it, and set it again, and its now saying it will pulse in 14 hours. =/

EDIT: Sorry, now its saying 16 hours.

[quote=Xtr3me]Its not working. I have set it to auto pulse every hour, removed it, and set it again, and its now saying it will pulse in 14 hours. =/

EDIT: Sorry, now its saying 16 hours.[/quote]

Thats rather odd :stuck_out_tongue: I’d recomend just setting it to pulse every 10,000 keystrokes or whatever (setting it to however many keystrokes you get in one hour on average for example). At least till a fix.

Alright then, I will do.

Everyone, make sure for now you set it to pulse every set amount of keys rather than hourly. Im not sure about the other setting for clicks and how that works, as I never use it, as Im not much of a clicker anyways as you can see by my stats compared to Keystrokes hehe.