Whatpulse .wpw

Im getting an error when i startup whatpulse. It was fine when i upgraded, but then when i restart my computer i keep getting this error. I uninstalled whatpulse, deleted everything in the whatpulse folder except the pulse notepad file, and then reinstalled it. Im still getting a error.

http://forums.whatpulse.org/showthread.php?t=3887

1. Which version of WhatPulse are you trying to run?

Im using the latest version on the downloads page.

1. What version of Windows are you using?

Im using Vista x32

1. If you are using version 1.6 or 1.6.2, are you logged into an administrator account on Windows so that WhatPulse can access the registry?

Yes.

1. What error messages are you receiving (if applicable)?

“It appears your whatpulse.wpw file is being generated by a different version then this one. Please delete this file and try again.”

1. What were you doing when the glitch happened?

Starting up whatpulse. Uninstallation/Reinstallation doesnt work.

1. If you are using version 1.5, 1.6 or 1.6.2, Are you pulsing from multiple computers?

No.

Is UAC on?

Can you verify that the .wpw file is saving in %APPDATA%\WhatPulse?

i went to the appdata\whatpulse and deleted the 2 whatpulse files in it. both were .wpw and the other was wpw.bak. deleted em, and reinstalled and whatpulse works fine. If i had known this months ago, i wouldnt have lost all those keys. i thought the only whatpulse.wpw’s were in the main installation folder, i completely forgot that some programs use appdata folders for files as well.

…? The .wpw in %APPDATA%\WhatPulse has only been there since 1.6, which was only released just over a week ago.

WhatPulse 1.6+ no longer uses the WhatPulse.wpw file in the installation folder.

[quote=bobL]…? The .wpw in %APPDATA%\WhatPulse has only been there since 1.6, which was only released just over a week ago.

WhatPulse 1.6+ no longer uses the WhatPulse.wpw file in the installation folder.[/quote]

Dumb question - what kind of effect is this going to have on USB installations? (e.g. if I have whatpulse installed on a thumb drive so I can pulse from the computer lab)

This has been posted about elsewhere.

http://forums.whatpulse.org/showthread.php?t=4812