Whatpulse Update Error?

Well as i heard today there is a new version of whatpulse v1.6, well i went to the update service on whatpulse and it says i have to most up to date version v1.5, thinks theres been an error.i don’t really want to uninstall and reinstall whatpulse.

Well, we’re using a new update service in 1.6 and I can’t speak for 1.5.

There’s nothing forcing you to upgrade from 1.5 - We will continue to accept pulses for a while yet.

However if you want to update, just download WhatPulse 1.6, pulse from 1.5, install 1.6 and you’re done. :wink:

[quote=bobL]Well, we’re using a new update service in 1.6 and I can’t speak for 1.5.

There’s nothing forcing you to upgrade from 1.5 - We will continue to accept pulses for a while yet.

However if you want to update, just download WhatPulse 1.6, pulse from 1.5, install 1.6 and you’re done. ;)[/quote]

I think the idea is that Beardie is hoping for an upgrade component to it - much like the way Firefox will update itself without forcing you to reinstall it. It actually didn’t occur to me to try that upgrade feature, though - I’ve got it loaded on another laptop and I’ll see how that works for me.

Oh I see. I know there’s a new update thing in 1.6 but I can’t remember if it updates it automatically… I don’t think so though.

Such a feature will come though, if it’s not there.

Weird really, you would assume that if i right click on my what pulse tray icon and go to check for updates it would work, lol.

Well i think i will just reinstall for now then :slight_smile:

Well, it kind of does, it just returns the wrong information :stuck_out_tongue:

Good luck!

Well can i also point out that if i go to check for updates on v1.6 it says “you have the latest version v1.5!”

That’s a known issue too. Something on the web server wasn’t updated. :wink:

OK, thanks anyway :slight_smile: