Whatpulse is not recording pressed keys and clicks from a certain program.

Hello guys,

I’ve using whatpulse quite awhile now, it has come to my attention that it does not
record any keys pressed or clicks clicked from a game i play, even though it is NOT on the ignore list, the program is called AVA.exe it’s an unreal engine made game,
note:it used to record it long time ago, i think after few updates it stopped!
does anyone know the issue? help is much appreciated!
thanks!

Checked this post just because I’ve been experiencing a similar thing. Only for me the program is called Accuzip.

I assume it doesn’t work because it seems like it was coded in a relatively old language, but I’m not sure if it ever worked for WhatPulse.

Some applications “hog” the keyboard or mouse, making it impossible for other applications (the WhatPulse client) to detect what’s being clicked or typed. Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do about that, as it’s the application that causes the interruption.

I’m experiencing the exact same problem, except my program is Microsoft Outlook 2013. Whatpulse was recording keystrokes within that program up until a few days ago.

Now, I see all my keystrokes on the Keyboard Heatmap on the Input tab. But there is a difference in the number of keystrokes recorded on the Keyboard Heatmap vs. Applications, which is fully accounted for by Outlook.

Seems odd to me that it would all of a sudden stop. I did install some Windows updates the other day, which very well may be the cause.

[quote=“Maxwell_SETI.USA, post:4, topic:14009”]Now, I see all my keystrokes on the Keyboard Heatmap on the Input tab. But there is a difference in the number of keystrokes recorded on the Keyboard Heatmap vs. Applications, which is fully accounted for by Outlook.
[/quote]

Outlook works just fine…if the client is counting them anywhere (heatmap or applications), it counts them everywhere. It’s not possible for it to count it on the applications page but not on the heatmap or the other way around…