WhatPulse in a network enviroment

This isn’t really a suggestion, it’s more of a discussion and since I couldn’t find a place to put this, it’s going here.

I was wondering if it’s possible to setup WhatPulse on a domain controller and then when a user logs on to a computer that’s on the domain WhatPulse would get pushed out to their computer, give them the registration screen and remember their login information on the domain controller.

Then have it setup to automatically log them into their whatpulse profile when they log onto any computer on the domain, and pulse just before they log out of the computer.

I don’t think WhatPulse would need to support something like this, but I was just wondering if it’s possible to do without any modifications. I imagine it could be done using bash scripts but I figured I’d ask and see if anyone else has tried or successfully done it.

‘Pushing’ the app is something a logon script could do. (only needs a few program files, and a registry key to have it start up at login)

WhatPulse stores it’s data in %APPDATA% - so unless you synchronize that dir to your fileserver (which 2003 & XP clients doesn’t do by default), the account won’t be global inside your domain. I believe the option to manually adjust the datafile paths is inside bobL’s head as a feature request though. :wink:

Thanks, I’ll do some playing around when I get some time.