Weird MSN bug

Hey,

Yesterday I installed beta 8 on my PC, to try how it worked and all. I opened the geek window and saw that it wasn’t counting my keys. So i deleted beta8, installed beta4 again, which always worked for me, and tryed again. And again I saw that the keys were not counting on this version which always worked for me (checked the version on the about tab). I thought “fuck whatpulse” and just finished my work and stuff, and then I checked the keycounts again, and they did raise since the last time I checked it out… Afther trying some stuff I discovered that my keys in MSN were not counted, and in all other program’s and windows they were counted properly. So afther that I reïnstalled beta 8 and tryed again, same problem.

And still afther a msn restart the problem wasn’t fixed…

I never had it before, I’ll try to restart my pc in a few hours, can’t do it now, but it’s just another weirdy bug.

I always thought that whatpulse counted the keys directly from the input, but that would not explain why it would count correctly exept MSN messenger…

Edit : Restart didn’t help me…

WhatPulse 1.7 final is already out. Download it from the main website :slight_smile:

Yay that one is working, thank you ! Although clicks on the task bar are not counted :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually they are. The icon just doesn’t light up for it all the time.

No it’s not counting at all on MSN. No keys added when mouseovering the icon. Again after installing 1.7 I got the problem, not from the start but after a while I discovered the MSN count fail. I’ll try a MSN reïnstall.

What Carbon was saying was that clicks on certain areas of the taskbar don’t make the icon blink, and it’s not a bug we’re willing to put any effort into fixing.

However, in regards to MSN, are you running it through some kind of VM, portal or other such thing? Are you running a beta version of MSN, and what version of Windows are you running, including architecture?

[quote=bobL]What Carbon was saying was that clicks on certain areas of the taskbar don’t make the icon blink, and it’s not a bug we’re willing to put any effort into fixing.

However, in regards to MSN, are you running it through some kind of VM, portal or other such thing? Are you running a beta version of MSN, and what version of Windows are you running, including architecture?[/quote]

That would be correct.

Now, with MSN. Using their most recent wave 3 build, also referred to as Windows Live Messenger 2009, on Windows 7 x64, I have never had issues with WhatPulse counting clicks, or keys. Nor have I experienced any issues while testing Microsoft’s shitty beta for the 2011, or wave 4 version. But, that’s just my experience alone.

Maybe he/she runs some kind of an addon for MSN, through Messenger Plus, that fucks with the keyhook. I dunno.

Actually thinking about it, it would have to be MSN/an addon, because between WP 1.7 beta 4 and WP 1.7 final, there are two COMPLETELY different keyhooks…

Ok, reïnstalled MSN, no problems so far, I’ll let you know

Hmm every time I reboot my PC, whatpulse will fail on MSN, reïnstall whatpulse and it will run smootly, untill I reboot my pc again…

I’ll try removing msgplus live

That’s very odd. I’ve never had any issues with Messenger Plus. I’d do a fresh install of the most recent Messenger Plus version. Then install your, if any, addons, one at a time, and see if any of them are bugging out WhatPulse.