v2.1+xp: Runtime Error

v2.04 is ok. v2.1 runtime error on xp!

anybody else suffer from this problem?:huh:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\WhatPulse2\whatpulse.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application’s support team for more information.

same here, but on W7 x64.

I kept getting this over and over again on a Windows 2003 Server. If you did it enough times it might work for an hour before falling over again.

I had to uninstall it in the end and not bother using WhatPulse anymore.

It just crashes after my xp starts up!

After the prompt box, I try to rerun it, but always fail. I can find the process, but not the interface.

I also run WP2.1 since this week, but it keep crashing about four times a day. Or it just consumes 99% of CPU and leaves me to kill the process. I haven’t found a cause yet.

Hope there will be new update and it will get better, because this is quit annoying.

2.1 Keeps randomly closing for me too, sometimes after as few as 3 clicks. I’ve downgraded back to 2.0.4 as I had no problems with that version.

I don’t know if this will help, but the admin here did post on another thread that they did find runtime bugs. Here is the post: http://whatpulse.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=2932&pid=22684#pid22684

There is a solution: Completely delete your old WP client and then install the 2.1 client. The runtime errors are due to overwriting the old dll files. A completely new install will fix this.

This solution does not work.

Condoor, which one did not work: the file that smitmartijn posted or what WOWVern said?

Either way; try 2.1.1 as it fixes some more stuff.

2.1.1 started fine. No runtime error appears. We’ll see if it will work stably.