Translation

What about to translate Whatpulse to other language like czech, slovak etc…?

I suppose this would be helpful but it would be hard to keep it updated since I don’t think any of the staff speak many languages.

I think it would be reasonably easy. WhatPulse versions aren’t released too often, and it’s not a huge program. If the translations were in a config file of some sort, then users could easily help to do the translation. Then there could be some verification between a few speakers of the same language before it’s included with the program.

Maybe every version of WhatPulse could be released on the forum first, with say a week deadline for users to make any new translations required, and if they don’t meet the deadline, then their language doesn’t get included.

Languages will be included in future versions.

need german translation help then? :smiley:

Google translate does a good job in translating but it’s not perfect.
I have translated a few texts from wikipedia a while ago and the posts in this thread for fun just now and some sentences doesn’t make any sense, words get thrown around in a sentence like someone is saying the line backwards.

This can easily be solved with users from the forum, me as an example, as a swede, i could translate the text in google translate and then read through it and correct errors.

We’re more concerned with making a working Windows 7 client before we start putting together a language pack.

~Century0

There is already dutch #happy

Just saw this in the latest changelog
“Many backend changes to get ready to translate the client into other languages.”

May I ask when should we expect some updates on this?

I hope to translate Chinese