Total Clicks & Keys

1. Which version of WhatPulse are you running? [2.6.3]

2. What Operating System are you using? Win 7 Ultimate 32 bit

3. If you are using Windows, do you have WinPcap properly installed? Yes!

4. If you are using version 1.6 or higher, are you logged into an administrator account on Windows so that WhatPulse can access Windows correctly? Yes!

5. What error messages are you receiving (if applicable)? No known errors.

6. What programs were you running when the issue happened? It’s not an program related issue as far as I know but rather an ongoing thing I’ve wondered about for some time now.

I’ve been a long time WhatPulse participant, going on 12 years now and I’ve never really experienced any problems related to pulsing. The one thing I have wondered about is how the Overview tab in the app window and the Account tab in the app window do not share the same stat totals. I used to play a lot of FFR and SM (FlashFlashRevolution and Stepmania) back when I first signed up in until the late 2000’s and I find that my stat totals are way off. My account has never been deactivated (as far as I know I’ve always had WhatPulse installed on every computer I’ve owned and migrated to since first signing up) and yet I believe my totals do not match up in several areas. Did older stats from previous years get reset or archived? I seem to remember having several more millions keys and clicks before and/or shortly after the “Computers” feature was released that tracked the app across multiple PCs.

The Overview tab, does it represent my total key and click counts related to the PC the app is installed on? If so, why would my key and click counts under said tab not actually match my totals under the account tab or online stats?

[Example]:
My total keys are 5.3 million and clicks are 80 million under the overview tab.
My total keys are 27 million and total clicks are 9.2 million under the account tab.
My total keys are 17.2 million and total clicks are 7.7 million on the online stats.

If anyone could explain to me how the stat tracking works or used to work I’d really appreciate it cause I’d really hate to think that I’d lost all those years of keys and clicks I worked at building up. And sorry in advance if this is a subject that has been answered several times already. I browsed several pages and tried to find something closely related to what I was asking but the post I found wasn’t asking the exact same questions I was and wasn’t given a good explanation that I thought related to mine.

Hi,

It’s pretty simple; the overview tab represents the stats of the computer you’re on and the time that you’d used version 2.x (without doing something like resetting your local stats).

Remember that the website is the gathering place for all your stats and that the client stats are just a piece of it (especially if you have multiple computers).

So how come my overview stats aren’t counted towards my actual overall totals? If I have clicked 80 million times but my overall clicks isn’t even 10% of that, where did they all go?

They are, as long as you pulse regularly. Which by the looks of it, you do, which means the only reason why the overview page would say you have clicked 80 million times, is if you’ve reset your unpulsed stats inside the client a few times.

Well that is quite strange because I do believe I’ve never used the “reset” function ever. I just find it strange to have had clicked 80 million times and it not count towards my online totals. Oh well, thanks for answering my questions though.