Suggestion-- Vista "gadget"

I haven’t been through all the topics and this may have already been suggested (translation: feel free to delete this…or even mock me if necessary :sunglasses: )

How about a gadget for Vista.

Maybe show the top 10 keystrokes on my PC, or miles moused, or something like that.

I was actually going to do something like this (and for the Google Desktop sidebar as well)… but I got sidetracked and was never bothered.

I think it’ll be a great alternative to the geek window, but for that to happen hooking the geek window to update the keys live needs to be a weeee bit easier – hinthint wasted. :wink:

[quote=bobL]I was actually going to do something like this (and for the Google Desktop sidebar as well)… but I got sidetracked and was never bothered.

I think it’ll be a great alternative to the geek window, but for that to happen hooking the geek window to update the keys live needs to be a weeee bit easier – hinthint wasted. ;)[/quote]

hey bobL,

i already suggested this way back, (asked Wasted if some sort of export could be done from whatpulse) but he replyed that the xml was the only way to get the statistics…

hi guys

no offence to anyone because this is a really great idea and all however, before we can ever think of making a gadget for whatpulse the first step has to be to make the software actually be compatable with vista and to be honest vista has been around for about 6 months now and the developers of whatpulse havent made any effort to write a vista compatable version yet so clearly the developers have given up on the software indefinately so a vista compatable version is now and forever will remain just a dream, sorry to burst the bubble im just going by the facts guys.

[quote=stuartbennett]hi guys

no offence to anyone because this is a really great idea and all however, before we can ever think of making a gadget for whatpulse the first step has to be to make the software actually be compatable with vista and to be honest vista has been around for about 6 months now and the developers of whatpulse havent made any effort to write a vista compatable version yet so clearly the developers have given up on the software indefinately so a vista compatable version is now and forever will remain just a dream, sorry to burst the bubble im just going by the facts guys.[/quote]

did you look at the date? :stuck_out_tongue:

anyway, i did manage to read and decode the keys and stuff from whatpulse,
but indeed if whatpulse is not fully vista capable, how can i make my program work correct then?

The project should move forward and therefore the client should too.
If you managed to retrieve the data (gambler = coder of WhatCount?) of WhatPulse there could a dll be written which could be used for anyone.

xml is nice, but one update each 5 minutes is by far not enough.

do we know when a vista compatable version of whatpulse will be started on?

I think it will come after the new homepage, so be patient.

{sarcasm on}
one year more or less won’t hurt
{sarcasm off}

The final of 1.5 will come with the release of the new webpage.

Whether it will be Vista compatible at that stage or not remains to be seen, but I can assure you it won’t be long after until there’s a Vista compatible one flying around somewhere.

I work perfectly fine in Vista with the 1.5 beta.

I had to run as an administrator, but now UAC is off, so it doesn’t matter.

It is quite easy to make a gadget. It is nothing more than a HTML page with some javascript. You can use the default XML Feeds gadget and change this one. The only thing which is harder (to me), is to make a nice looking gadget. Glass effects etc… But if you are good in designing images, you can make a nice gadget.

I’m vista compatible, Administrator; UAC is on. Whatpulse hasn’t errored, or requested UAC. Will try on a standard account later today.

The gadget should be able to read the XML output, shouldn’t it?

Hi all,

I made one last night and it looks pretty slick.

Refreshes every 5 seconds.

I have hardcoded my userID into it atm.

[color=Red]I want some testers as i dont have vista(i installed the gadgets into a xp machine).[/color]

Please post your UserID and i will create a gadget for you. I will take the first 10.

Features to add
[LIST=1]
[]Search for UserID via username
[
]Save UserID in settings
[]Auto-Update Gadget when new release is out
[
]Complete the rest of the fields(only added the 3 cause its a test but will add all feilds)
[/LIST]

I will take other requests if they are sensible.

TightPussy4U cam

Yay.

Thanks AiNE_2 for testing this so quickly.

Not only did it work but you were very helpful. Not to mention you are hot as hell.

Mmm. A sexy whatPulse chick. Lets make a forum Poll :-).

Medical marijuana

Here is the near final version. I just have to plug in the extended and team data.

Then its completed. I may ad a auto update thing also but later.

Live Sex

I’m offering my services as testing slave! I’ll do whatever I can to help get the Vista client out faster and/or any gadgets for it! :slight_smile:

Ok - you can download and test the beta one here.

http://www.billbored.us/whatpulseGadget.gadget

First download the above file - save it - open it.

The in the gadget viewer go to ‘W’ and addd the beta whatppulse gadget.

Once installed click the little spanner on the right which will appear when you put you mouse over the gadget.

It pops up the below window. Simply fill in your AccountName and hit enter. Thats it.

To view extended stat data click the little magnifying glass bottom right.

The auto refreshing doesnt seem to work for me but does for others.

Tell me your thoughts.

AVANDIA CLASS ACTION

I just tried to download it through Firefox 3 and Internet Explorer 7. With both of them, every time I clicked “Download” all it did was show a message in the upper left corner of the window that said “Hacking Attempt”.

Hey Paulie,

I get that now also - i tested it after i upped the file and it worked.

WTF!!!

Anyway i will host on my own server tonight.

Sorry

COLORADO MARIJUANA DISPENSARY

http://www.billbored.us/whatpulseGadget.gadget

DEPAKOTE SETTLEMENT NEWS