[SOLVED] Windows 10, WinPcap and Internet traffic

Hi,

I have the following issue.

Windows 10 Pro x64
Whatpulse 2.6.3
WinPcap 4.1.3

In the beginning, everything worked fine. Counting keys, mous stats and network traffic.
After a while of using it, I noticed, that there was no Whatpulse icon in the taskbar anymore. The process was running though.
I could kill the process and relaunch Whatpulse, but the icon would not appear. And no stats at all are being counted. And of course nothing is pulsed.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Whatpulse several times, but same issue.
I then uninstalled WinPcap and suddenly the taskbar icon showed up again, I could open the app again.
Stats are being counted (except for network of course) and I could pulse again.

I then ran across Win10Pcap which should be a working replacement for WinPcap under Windows 10, but there was no internet traffic being counted with this. The taskbar icon was visible and I could launch Whatpulse though.

I then uninstalled Win10Pcap and reinstalled WinPcap again and somehow it did work. All was counted and I could pulse.
Until I shut down my computer (I guess a restart would have caused the same) and the issue with no taskbar icon, no app launching and no pulsing came up again.

Now I do not want to uninstall and reinstall WinPcap after each restart of my computer :wink:

Any ideas how to solve this?

Kind Regards and merry christmas

Anyone?

Yes my network has stopped being counted as well but im still able to open the app.

My last network pules was on the 13/12/2015 so if your’s stopped working around the same time i think there was an update around then so maybe that has something to do with it.

For me this issue started in the beginning of October of 2015.

The last release (2.6.3) was in August, so it might be a Windows update, but I doubt that. It is related to WinPcap (and not so much WhatPulse), but I haven’t been able to figure out why it would stall like this.

I also haven’t been able to reproduce it on a Windows 10 machine, so it’s probably related to a combination of applications you have installed. Can you post the info requested in this thread? http://whatpulse.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=810

Thanks for your reply.

I figured out, that it was not related to Whatpulse or WinPcap.

It is related to the devolo cockpit software (http://www.devolo.com/en/Downloads/dLAN-1200+) which is needed for configuring the devolo powerline adapters.
As soon as I have this software installed, the above described issues happen. As soon as this software is uninstalled, everything is working fine with Whatpulse and traffic counting.
This software is installing some (network) services which appear to interfere with WP and/or WinPCap.

/Edit: The same issue seems to be with MacOS 10.11. I had this software installed, and no network was being counted. Unfortunately uninstalling (not just removing the app, but actual uninstalling) is not restoring network traffic counting in OSX though.

Thanks for the info Sm00chY! Only think it’s awesome when someone shared the actual fix, as so many things can get in the way of the client…

[quote=“Sm00chY, post:6, topic:14741”]It is related to the devolo cockpit software (http://www.devolo.com/en/Downloads/dLAN-1200+) which is needed for configuring the devolo powerline adapters.
As soon as I have this software installed, the above described issues happen. As soon as this software is uninstalled, everything is working fine with Whatpulse and traffic counting.
This software is installing some (network) services which appear to interfere with WP and/or WinPCap.[/quote]Where shall I sent the box of Belgian chocolates to?