[SOLVED] [2.4] Linux client does not pulse correctly

1) Which version of WhatPulse are you running?

2) What Operating System are you using? Please include the OS Architecture (x86 or x64).

Linux Mint 17 x64

3) If you are using version 1.6 or higher, are you logged into an administrator account on Windows so that WhatPulse can access Windows correctly?

I do not use Windows of any version

4) What error messages are you receiving (if applicable)?

No error whatsoever.

5) What programs were you running when the issue happened? VM-ware and certain higher-privilege programs (antivirus) may cause compatibility issues.

No special programs

6) Include any screenshots if possible.

No screens

Whatpulse client does not pulse correctly. My computer was running for like 11 days before I pulsed. Now I see it is 10 hours my computer was running instead of 11 days.

Pulsing resets your local “unpulsed” data and sends it to the website. Seems like it’s working as expected, then.

Hi Martijn,

It does not really. Please explain to me the following.

My computer runs for like 11 days (11x24 hours) as unpulsed. When I do pulse it says: total up time, 19 hours which is less then a day. Correct my if i’m wrong but should it not be: total up time 11 days instead of 19 hours?

Also I noted unlike the keys from the keyboard it is not running the same. So for example, if I do pulse like 100 keys and I start using the keyboard again it is counting to 101 and so on, untill the next pulse. Total up time does not…

The uptime gets reset every time you pulse and then starts building up again. If you have a look at your online profile, you’ll see that you just pulsed 11 days: http://whatpulse.org/stats/users/156539/standard/#pulses

The 19 hours would be the time you’ve been running the client without pulsing.

I already checked this and I can live with it.

However, How would I be able to pulse 11 days worth of data in 19 hours? My computer run 11 days unbroken before pulsing… I do run (virtual) servers on the host which must be reachable from time to time. So it is a little bit confusing which total uptime is up to date. The computer running or the client program running.

Where do you see that you’ve pulsed 11 days in 19 hours? I don’t see that one…the 11 days of uptime was between 06-29 and 07-21, which is 23 days. So you’ve run the client for about 50% in those 23 days.

The 19 hours was the time since the pulse which you’ve built up…

Allright, i’ve taken screens from my laptop which does the same.

I have a before and after picture. I have 6 days of data but client reports 10 hours. Those 10 hours are not the total up time…

And it does not add up since the client must berunning as equal, how else will the client know when my computer runs? If I close the client, then it does not track my uptime right?

Screenshots always save the day, as I sort of understand what you’re saying now. :wink:

I guess the “10 hours” pictured there could be the current uptime. The client gets it from the OS, where Qiana could be different from the Linux distros we test (http://whatpulse.org/kb/content/2/60/en/supported-operating-systems.html)

I do not know what is different. Linux Mint is an Ubuntu based distro, So ubuntu 14.04 is mint 17 (both LTS versions).

Also, the current time is unpulsed and the total uptime is the total pulsed data is it not? Keyboard strokes seems to do it this way…

Anyway, confusing for me :).