Screwy distance tracking using Remote Desktop

I use my laptop running Windows XP to access my desktop running Windows 7 using remote desktop. Both are running WhatPulse.

When using RD to use my desktop, keys and clicks are counted fine on the Windows 7 machine, but cursor distance seems really off. Moving my mouse cursor across the screen onces seems to add 10-15 metres to my distance. This is way more than is added when I’m using the Windows 7 machine normally. Distance seems to be tracked normally on both machines when I’m not using RD.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue?

[quote=Sportyboard]I use my laptop running Windows XP to access my desktop running Windows 7 using remote desktop. Both are running WhatPulse.

When using RD to use my desktop, keys and clicks are counted fine on the Windows 7 machine, but cursor distance seems really off. Moving my mouse cursor across the screen onces seems to add 10-15 metres to my distance. This is way more than is added when I’m using the Windows 7 machine normally. Distance seems to be tracked normally on both machines when I’m not using RD.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue?[/quote]

I’m going to let this thread stay open, just for information and possible comments. As usual, DO NOT turn this into a complaint on how the official staff do not provide support for Windows 7 at the moment.

Thank you.
~Century0

I figured this thread would be okay… because 1) the mileage doesn’t “jump” excessively - it’s constantly counting up really really quickly, and 2) it’s a problem that occurs only when I use the computer via remote desktop.

I know that Windows 7 technically isn’t supported yet, and I can’t totally understand why it isn’t supported yet, but I’m thinking this may be a problem with remote desktop in general rather than Windows 7 specifically.

Because the developers, AKA me and Wasted, don’t have Windows 7 which makes it impossible to support it AND it’s not officially released yet.

As to your second point, you’re right. Remote Desktop doesn’t work properly on any OS with WhatPulse.

Remote desktop also is strange as it tracks two computers in one stroke if your using Whatpulse on both of them. But I have never seen anything wrong with mileage, even when both computers are using Windows 7.