Not counting keys in Modern Warfare 2

I noticed that while playing MW2 that WP does NOT count key strokes. It does count mouse-clicks and -miles while ingame. Is this a known issue with WP?

I am running WinXP SP3 and when I discovered this I was still running WP 1.5(bèta), so I upgraded to WP 1.6.2.1 but the problems is still there… :frowning:

My guess is that MW2 has ingame protections against key hooks. More examination will be required however.

~Century0

[quote=Century0]My guess is that MW2 has ingame protections against key hooks. More examination will be required however.

~Century0[/quote]

That won’t be the problem, thanks to the developers the only software preventing in game hooks is VAC and Whatpulse works perfectly with VAC.

Perhaps it’s just normal Vista/Windows 7 problems.

[quote=Petchy]That won’t be the problem, thanks to the developers the only software preventing in game hooks is VAC and Whatpulse works perfectly with VAC.

Perhaps it’s just normal Vista/Windows 7 problems.[/quote]

Well, considering he’s using XP, I doubt it. :wink:

[quote=Petchy]That won’t be the problem, thanks to the developers the only software preventing in game hooks is VAC and Whatpulse works perfectly with VAC.

Perhaps it’s just normal Vista/Windows 7 problems.[/quote]

Sometimes, there are more things at work than you can see…

~Century0

Haha. Shhh. :smile:

I discovered the nature of this problem, it is the combination of steam+xfire+MW2. When i turn off xfire which I used before MW2(+steam) the keys are counted in MW2. As soon as I turn it back on it stops. When I play cod4 while logged in to both xfire and steam the keys are still counted.