My account has been deleted

Last successful pulse was under 2 weeks ago, username demigod1 ( whatpulse.org/stats/users/177954/ )
tkc: 31,150,760
tmc: 5,552,267

Today whatpulse is saying my account or profile were not found; and the above link claims an invalid userid. A few other people have posted having the same issue occur within the same time frame, has the server been compromised by a bug or attacker?

There is no record that the user ‘demigod1’ has existed; not in a database of 6 months old and not in a database of 4 weeks old. To what email address should this account be registered to, the same as your email address for this forum account?

Every notice is either about an expiration or unregistering.

I have not unregistered, nor have I received any emails regarding my account expiring; I’ve had the account since 07, or possibly earlier. The account must have existed since I had been pulsing successfully and goolging ( google.com/search?q=demigod1+whatpulse ) has some cached data of me being on page 12 of the US rankings with over 30,000,000 key presses.

The email should be the same as the forum account, or an unused yahoo account (mr.wraith_06@)

There is a user called skyboy with your email address, last pulse on 8 oct, think that’s the one you’re looking for.

And it’s been about 4 years, but I’ve FINALLY found out skyboy’s alt account.

Thanks!

It is not.

The account is the missing one in the first post, and in the google results. It existed, I have been using it, I registered it several years ago, and now it’s gone within the last couple weeks. I want to know why, and if it can be restored to how it was before being removed without notification and without reason.

Here’s some direct links to the google cache pages:
Rank 322 in US rankings: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:bCLB-wSx6WEJ:mail.mail.whatpulse.org/stats/countries/177/page/12/+&cd=7&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
Rank 1421 in user listing: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:4-0ElrTg7mUJ:flyspray.whatpulse.org/stats/users/page/56/+&cd=8&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Don’t know if this will help you track down the issue, but my Daughter’s account was deleted last week too. Username was Batamba, about 1.5 million in keys. Been a user for about 3 years, computer was set to pulse every 2500 keys, so it was actively pulsing on average 2 times a week.

Well, it is registered to your email address and email addresses are unique. There’s not much more to say…

Ok – this does raise some interesting questions, then. Because both users posting here mention google cache hits – and I’m confirming the existence of both accounts. There WAS a demigod1 account. There WAS a Batamba account. I am confirming via Google that they were there. But everything I can see on the whatpulse webpage doesn’t suggest they ever existed. I’m a bit confused, myself.

This is just plain weird.

“E-mail addresses are unique”… when I created the account for my daughter, I used my e-mail address to set it up, which is also the same e-mail address on my account. It sounds like Demigod1 had 2 different accounts with the same e-mail address as well. Could this scenario be confusing the old account deletion routine?

It is an account I evidently registered (I got an email for it a while back, and set it up on a computer I use only for minecraft (1/3 of the 800,000 keys is “W”) to keep it active). I have no idea when I made the account, and the account I have been using is demigod1; If there’s a policy against having two accounts, feel free to remove the skyboy account. I want the one with 31,090,166 (last pulse log: on 9/30/12) keys back.

It’s possible, but I can’t remember if I tied “demigod1” to my gmail account or not. If I tried and it was blocked, I would have used the “plus addressing” feature of gmail that most websites don’t detect as being the same email.

[quote=X-Kal]Ok – this does raise some interesting questions, then. Because both users posting here mention google cache hits – and I’m confirming the existence of both accounts. There WAS a demigod1 account. There WAS a Batamba account. I am confirming via Google that they were there. But everything I can see on the whatpulse webpage doesn’t suggest they ever existed. I’m a bit confused, myself.

This is just plain weird. [/quote]

In addition, there’s another account: forums.whatpulse.org/showthread.php?t=6488 ( webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:zKFJ6pC4-xsJ:whatpulse.org/stats/users/262414/view/lastmonth/+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us )