More install options

I wonder if there could be more install options, such as whether the program creates start menu or other shortcuts.

Hmm - just to add to this, I don’t remember if the installer had an option to make it accessible to all users, or just the current one logged in. Heck, I can’t remember much about the installer, anymore. But yeah, these are definitely good things that you’ve mentioned.

Optional -don’t put icons to start meny

and auto silent self-update

v1.6 after choice profile and confirm it
i mast click on Batton “Cancel” ???
if confirm OK just Run pulse…

add -when install new version “auto Close runing WhatPulse”

1. Don’t make four posts in a row, edit the same one.
  2. The login window has had its button system changed for 1.6.2.
  3. There won’t be an update feature until 2.0 and it will definitely not be auto/silent.
  4. I don’t understand “add -when install new version “auto Close runing WhatPulse””…

can’t install v1.6 when v1.5 is running

Well duh, it has to delete the WhatPulse.exe file and copy the new one in…

I think Kodak may have been referring to a possible check to see whether Whatpulse is already running upon another install.

This happened with me today as I stupidly forgot to close 1.5 when upgrading, didn’t cause any mayhem but a check would be a nice addition. :slight_smile:

Well that’s down to the installer, which I don’t control. I doubt the installer has the capability to check if WP is running, though, since I’m sure it would have otherwise been added.

I may be wrong, I’ll talk to wasted about it.

Nice idea, and could make the installation a little more user friendly, but this isn’t completely required. Shortcuts can easily be made and removed by the user by right clicking and dragging then clicking “Create Shortcut Here”

[quote=bobL]Well that’s down to the installer, which I don’t control. I doubt the installer has the capability to check if WP is running, though, since I’m sure it would have otherwise been added.

I may be wrong, I’ll talk to wasted about it.[/quote]

I know the capacity exists to have this feature added, though I don’t know how much effort that’ll take. Adobe reader does this - it will sense the program open and won’t update until you’ve closed it.

No, I meant I doubt our installer can.

I know - I was merely suggesting :wink: