Miles problem, 23 miles in 1 day

Since yesterday I installed WhatPulse on my new work.

We are using completely working through Terminal Service by Thin Client. So it might be that this is something that WhatPulse can’t handle right.

Are there any common problems known? :slight_smile:

Yes, this is a known problem which I believe is currently trying to be fixed.

Similarly to yourself, I noticed the problem over VNC and Remote Desktop so it seems a problem lies in that area.

I think this is because it is some sort of virtual mouse cursor which is not really there.

Maybe the mouse is placed (as new or so) on another position everytime you move.

Then I will make a world trip with my mouse until it is fixed :slight_smile:

Hehe, the stats may be changed however by an admin after the patch has been applied to keep fairness to the high scores in terms of distance travelled with the mouse.

Known issue, unknown cause.

Probably partly caused from what KoalaBear said. It does make sense.

[quote]I think this is because it is some sort of virtual mouse cursor which is not really there.

Maybe the mouse is placed (as new or so) on another position everytime you move.[/quote]

If you had a list of programs in which this bug occured could you not simply have whatpulse stop recording moue movment when one of these said programs is being ran?

Actually now that I’ve written that I’m fairly sure that isn’t possible or would take a hell of a lot of work?

@c-smith:
Its not the program(s), its the complete environment that is causing ‘troubles’. :slight_smile:

For some it’s the mouse settings, others it’s Remote Desktop and in this case it’s Terminal Service.

I dont know how the distance is calculated.

I made a test program with a timer, which outputs the mouse X and Y coordinates, but these are correct.

Maybe WhatPulse is capturing WM messages? But it doesnt contain a seperate DLL, so I dont know.

If I know more about it I could check this myself. I use Borland Delphi 2005 on my work, if there is anything I could do send me an email, or post it here :slight_smile:

DirectInput.

bobL, a few more details to hopefully help squash this bug.

Scenario: Remote Desktop session from netbook (1024x600) to desktop machine at home (22" 1680x1050, but it sets to whatever the connecting machine wants - i.e. the resolution of the netbook in this case). I open the geek window on the remote machine and start circling my mouse.

The counter does not increase steadily. It will sometimes go up two or three hundredths of a mile in one second and other times it’s only a hundredth of a mile every few seconds. I’m moving my mouse in a consistent way, so the counter itself is not measuring distance consistently (or accurately, as we know).

If there’s any more info any of us can give to help with this one, just ask!