Mac menu bar icon

Hi, this might sound a bit pedantic, but after upgrading to version 2 on a Mac I’m quite disappointed by the menu bar icon. The previous icon was subtle and fit in with all my other ones, but this one (either the black or the blue version) stands out and looks out of place (http://cl.ly/MImI ). Could we maybe have the old plain W back, as an option?

I agree with this. The box around it really makes it stand out from the others.

The icon is the same on all platforms, which is intended so. The black icon option is to have it fit in, but this client is not going to get a bazillion options, to keep it as simple as possible.

If it -really- bothers you, you could use a resource editor to replace the icons, but otherwise you’ll get used to it. :wink:

I assume there’s been plenty of discussion about this, so what were the reasons for choosing uniformity across platforms over uniformity within a platform? It’s a subjective matter, but if it were up to me I’d choose to have design fit in with the rest of the experience within a system, even if that meant having it not look exactly the same across them. The main window, in looking the same on all platforms, is similarly out of place on a Mac.

Anyway I’ll see if I can find a way to change the icon myself, but I’d be interested to hear the rationale for this method.