Lost keys caused by windows crash.

Hi,

I just got a Windows crash coming out of sleeping mode on my vista machine. And I received after booting up a message from Whatpulse that there was something wrong with my config file, that it was generated with an older version and suggested me to login in again. so I clicked on ok, it closed it self and after logging in I lost the keys I had before. It is not so much, around 101000 keys and 78000 mouse clicks. This really sucks.

I’ve had that problem myself, too. Historically speaking, I’ve seen crashes come as a result of coming out of sleep mode, hibernation and from restarts required from Windows Update. I wish I could tell you how to fix it, but I haven’t been able to figure this one out entirely. I would just advise you to remember to pulse periodically - maybe once a day, once a week, or something like that. That way, if it does crash, the impact should be fairly minimal.

I managed to loose 500k keys when formatting my pc a while ago xD

Please stop derailing this thread with fighting between two people. It is unnecessary and can be taken to a private message. The issue at hand was that he lost keys due to Windows crashing.

Both sleep mode and hibernation are known to cause issues with the WhatPulse files and cause them to possibly corrupt. Simple solution: Pulse prior to entering them.

~Century0