Keys stop being counted after.

At home I am using Windows 7, at school I use either Vista, 7, or XP… depending on what computer I am at.

At both home and school I have been having trouble with Whatpulse not counting keys after a while. I will get up to 600-900 keys (sometimes more, sometimes less) and it will simply stop counting new ones. It still counts mouse clicks without any issue, just no keys.

Any idea what I am doing to cause this?

Simply closing and opening Whatpulse fixes the problem temporarily, but it just comes back again and I am losing a lot of keys to this.

I have that same problem, too. I’ve heard that it might be related to the fact that I’m using a slightly outdate client. One relevant question might be: which version are you using?

If you’re running the most recent client, then it’ll be good to know that that bug isn’t quite fixed.

One thing that you can do in the mean time is to make sure that the WhatPulse tray icon is always visible. That way, you can see the red dot on the icon blink, which is an indication that it’s still counting your keys like normal. If it stops counting keys, just close and re-open WhatPulse – you won’t lose any of your keys that way. (Well… except for the ones that whatpulse didn’t count…)

[quote=X-Kal]I have that same problem, too. I’ve heard that it might be related to the fact that I’m using a slightly outdate client. One relevant question might be: which version are you using?

If you’re running the most recent client, then it’ll be good to know that that bug isn’t quite fixed.

One thing that you can do in the mean time is to make sure that the WhatPulse tray icon is always visible. That way, you can see the red dot on the icon blink, which is an indication that it’s still counting your keys like normal. If it stops counting keys, just close and re-open WhatPulse – you won’t lose any of your keys that way. (Well… except for the ones that whatpulse didn’t count…)[/quote]

I have actually -strangely- not had this problem since posting. Dunno what’s up. I am and was using the latest version on the website.

It was visible, part of the problem was just not noticing. I wrote a three page email to a friend, wrote a five page essay, played some Minecraft, and talked on Google’s IM with someone during the whole time and when I went to check my keys, I had like 500-600. Very discouraging.

If I run into it again I’ll try to get you more information.

Cool beans. The more information you can give us, the faster we can pinpoint bugs. And yeah… I’ve totally been there. “Surprise! You’re been typing all day & have 2k keys.” So… the more info you can give us when it happens the next time around, the better it’ll be to fix.