Internet Speed Tests :P

Okay, okay… fine! I’ll do one :smiley:

I live in Blackpool, BTW (right by the sea)

It’s a Virgin Media 120D/10U thingy, running through my PowerEdge 2850 machine (does the NAT) and tested on an OS X 10.9.1 AMD mackintosh machine with Gigabit ethernet.

You can’t do an internal speedtest to their website. They come up as mini’s. And the BroadBand Speedchecker’s website caps at 100mb/s IIRC.

Actually I have such a low ping because I have a leased line. Meaning I don’t have to worry about other people in my area using the cable.

I would leave the US for this kind of internet.

The speedtest you showed was clearly a 1gb internal line. If you think you have 1ms ping on a leased line, your living in a dream world. But hey, I’m sure you know your stuff.

I hate being stuck on a 12 mbps connection… It’d be nice if Google Fiber came to my neighborhood, but that’s only a fantasy for now… :confused:

This is mine !! :stuck_out_tongue:

I could order 1000MBIT but I don’t really use my whole internet speed at any time. Using Fibre connection.
(First post :D)

Testing across the Pacific Ocean:

From Sweden to New Zealand.

I’d say it’s quite decent, though a ping decrease would do very much, but I can imagine that it is really hard to send everything as fast as it is sent. In less time than I can do 1 full body spin I can send data to new zealand and back. Around the globe. Amazing technology.

Pretty good, apart from the upload speed…

Good upload :slight_smile:

@ Work xD

:smiley:

Who’s better?

Me, at least with the upload speed :stuck_out_tongue:

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3191669944

My downstream is limited by the cheap realtek-network card in my laptop and the speedtest.net servers in germany…

Pretty fast for an Australian connection.