Internet Speed Tests :P

Ok, it’s time for the e-Peen award for which Whatpulse user has the best internet connection speed. Just link your results from Speedtest.net (use whatever server you wish) and whoever has the best…bam, you win.

~Century0

Although I do prefer the 100/100 fiber optic line in my old apartment instead if of this DSL one.

[quote=Quarzi]

Although I do prefer the 100/100 fiber optic line in my old apartment instead if of this DSL one.[/quote]

Not fair…damn sweds. :frowning:

~Century0

I remember doing one of these…

I don’t even both with these… Unless the scoring is like golf I have no chance.

haha but you know what? I’m not that biothered by being “Slow”

Well, all of this is still faster than the dialup I had back in 2003. Honestly, dialup isn’t nearly as bad as it may seem - though I suppose there are certain things that’d just be horrendous to download, these days. For most browsing, it just takes a different kind of thinking to get you through. If you’re the type that uses tabbed browsing, it’s just a matter of making sure that you’re juggling several tabs at once - for me, I spent more time reading than loading new pages, and that helped me out alot.

(Of course, I had to use Internet Explorer back then, but even so, I had multiple browser windwows open at once)

Hehe, I remember back in -96 when I had 28.8k modem and played diablo 1 all night long.
Surfing on pr0n sites were a bit challenging too :sunglasses:

Damn those bills were huge :stuck_out_tongue:
Got a lot cheaper in -99 when I got 0.5/0.5 Mbit “broadband” =)

[quote=Quarzi]Hehe, I remember back in -96 when I had 28.8k modem and played diablo 1 all night long.
Surfing on pr0n sites were a bit challenging too :sunglasses:

Damn those bills were huge :stuck_out_tongue:
Got a lot cheaper in -99 when I got 0.5/0.5 Mbit “broadband” =)[/quote]

Hey, I surfed astronomy sites all the time, and they had “high-resolution” photographs, too! :wink:

AND I streamed audio feeds from a really neat radio station out of Gloucester, Massachusetts. Too bad they switched genre - went from classical/jazz to oldies?!?!? :frowning:

Lol, only you X-Kal. And god, don’t remind me of internet gaming on a 56k… /wrist.

~Century0

I’m so glad that I only had dial up for maybe 2 years then my parents were able to get cable or something faster, forgot which, but when I was younger I mainly hung out in boards like this so it wasn’t so bad for me, not too much to really load unless someone had a really awesome HUGE picture

What do I win? :wink:

Envy.

[quote=wasted]

What do I win? ;-)[/quote]

What…the…fuck?

Is that a local connection or is that like a University?

~Century0

[quote=Century0]Lol, only you X-Kal. And god, don’t remind me of internet gaming on a 56k… /wrist.

~Century0[/quote]

Hey, I used to play Ragnarok Online with a dialup connection. The big trouble was on patch day - we always had to make sure to keep retrying the patch throughout the week, otherwise we’d fall behind - and if any of them were large patches… ack. The updater would want you to load all the patches, and would start over if you got disconnected throughout the process. Now, it took us about an hour or two to patch on a typical day, which was enough time for me to finish one week of Calculus homework - not bad, eh? I mean, in terms of the calculus :stuck_out_tongue:

I got very used to setting patchers up to go while I’d be reading, or watching TV, or whatever. It just wasn’t a big deal, since my ways of thinking were much different than they are today. I guess if I had to, I could go back, but do I really want to?

Short answer: no.

:slight_smile:

[quote=X-Kal]Hey, I used to play Ragnarok Online with a dialup connection. The big trouble was on patch day - we always had to make sure to keep retrying the patch throughout the week, otherwise we’d fall behind - and if any of them were large patches… ack. The updater would want you to load all the patches, and would start over if you got disconnected throughout the process. Now, it took us about an hour or two to patch on a typical day, which was enough time for me to finish one week of Calculus homework - not bad, eh? I mean, in terms of the calculus :stuck_out_tongue:

I got very used to setting patchers up to go while I’d be reading, or watching TV, or whatever. It just wasn’t a big deal, since my ways of thinking were much different than they are today. I guess if I had to, I could go back, but do I really want to?[/quote]

I remember downloading 100mb files on 56k… /wrist. Like 6-7 hours or more. Now, I can download 100mb in under a minute. Lol.

~Century0

Same network as this website. :wink:

:smiley:

Oh, what makes the gaming less laggier? Down or Up?

[quote=Pimorez]

:smiley:

Oh, what makes the gaming less laggier? Down or Up?[/quote]

Depends, most of the time it would be a combination of both. It varies a lot on how the game is designed.

~Century0