Incorrect Network Traffic #'s?

Just installed and according to WhatPulse, my bandwith isn’t being tracked correctly.

It says my upload is @ 5-700KB/s, yet on my network meter gadget + torrent, it’s uploading at 1.5MB/s which is the max I set it to.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong :huh:

Which upload program are you using?
Do you know which protocols it is trying to contact through?
Is your computer only connected once to your router, or are you connected twice (e.g. two network cables, or one network cable + wifi)?

I’m using Vuze. Not exactly sure what protocols it’s trying to contact through.

As for my connection, my PC is connected straight to my fios router.

I just checked WhatPulse again and my upload is now showing as 1MB/s. Better than before, but still below the 1.5MB/s shown on my torrent client and network meter gadget.

Is it possible that you’re uploading to a local peer? That wouldn’t be counted by WhatPulse.

@sellyme: local peers should count as long as the traffic exited the FIOS-router and gone on the “backbone” of the local IX.

@Yvese: if you don’t know what protocols, what ARE you actually looking at? I can make my Gbit ethernet max out and WhatPulse sees only 15MB/s on it. Have you tried another program to do the exact same tasks as Vuze?

[quote=“MAX3400, post:5, topic:10855”]
@sellyme: local peers should count as long as the traffic exited the FIOS-router and gone on the “backbone” of the local IX.

@Yvese: if you don’t know what protocols, what ARE you actually looking at? I can make my Gbit ethernet max out and WhatPulse sees only 15MB/s on it. Have you tried another program to do the exact same tasks as Vuze?
[/quote]I’m looking at whatever the network meter gadget and vuze tells me. I really don’t know what protocols are since I’m not network savvy :frowning:

My WhatPulse client does the same thing. It shows me downloading at 3.7mib/s but filezilla (from an outside IP) is downloading at 4.5MB/s. If you look a the total count that should be correct. At least in my findings it was…

I am also seeing it list inaccurately on linux:

Maximum reached was 27 megabytes/sec but in reality this went up to 37 megabytes/sec. This is all TCP ipv4 traffic.

The upload amount is a bit inaccurate as well.

I also can confirm this issue.
Also when I check Network → Applications
I only get like up to 303KB/s for qbittorrent, while qBittorrent itself shows 1.1MB/s
But in Network interfaces, shows correct 1.1MB/s and sometimes random drops to 0.99MB/s
This is on Windows 7 64bit

Pictures:

Glad I’m not the only one with this bug.

Hope it gets looked into.

I too can confirm this, my stats are about a quarter to just over half a megabyte off of what uTorrent is indicating.

I’m having the same problem, both uTorrent and Steam are reporting 1/4 of the download speed shown in the client (~200kb/s vs 800kb/s and 95kb/s vs 375kb/s). The download in Network Interfaces is correct though.

Windows 7 x64
Broadcom Network Card running on ethernet

Also an issue with difference in values between counted

and pulsed

Started this transfer exact after install 2.0.1a version. Why is my traffic on whatpulse site now??? Huge gap!!

[quote=“commentator, post:13, topic:10855”]Started this transfer exact after install 2.0.1a version. Why is my traffic on whatpulse site now??? Huge gap!!
[/quote]

Only external traffic is counted for the website.

Only external traffic is counted for the website.
[/quote]

is webdav to external server

Has anyone managed to fix this? Or do we have to wait for it to be fixed in an update?

You will have to wait until this is addressed in the next version :wink:

[quote=“dutchmega, post:17, topic:10855”]
You will have to wait until this is addressed in the next version :wink:
[/quote]I eagerly await the release! :smiley: