I get this error whenever I try to start up WhatPulse.

(Seems I can’t post images yet, so I’ll have to describe it)

[i]Title: Microsoft Visual C++ Library.
Message: Runtime error! Program: C:\Program Files\WhatPulse\WhatPulse.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contacts the application’s support team for more information.[/i]

Can someone tell me how to fix it? Or do I need to provide some more info somehow?

I’ve seen that before, I just don’t remember what caused it. I mean, that’s the sort of thing I’d usually try reinstalling to see what would work. Now, is there any buttons that will let you see more details than that? And if so, could you post that?

Unfortunately no, that’s everything I’m told.

I did try uninstalling and re-installing WhatPulse, but that didn’t seem to fix it.

Run Windows Update, as well, what OS are you on? XP, Vista, 2k, 98?

Gave Windows Update a go and tried again. Still no luck.

And I’m running Windows XP Professional.

Try uninstalling, then manually deleting the WhatPulse programme folder in C:\Program Files, then install it again.

There are plenty of things that could be wrong if doing that fails. DirectX might need re-installing, you could re-install the C++ library.

Are you running WhatPulse 1.4.7 or WhatPulse 1.5? If you’re running WhatPulse 1.4.7, upgrade to WhatPulse 1.5.

Ah, deleting the folder after removing the program worked. I’ve got WhatPulse running again now.

Thanks for the help.

Added this to the Knowledge Base for future reference.