Gets stuck on 'Verifying Account Information'

I’m trying to set up the new Whatpulse client (1.6.2), I’ve had a really old one for years now and it recently stopped pulsing correctly (It would turn green as if it was pulsing, then change back to the black W as if it was successful, but I’d still have the same amount of keystrokes/mouseclicks unpulsed and my total would not go up)

So I downloaded the latest version and tried to set it up, and it won’t work. It just keeps getting stuck on ‘Verifying Account Information’. It works the first time, but then not the 2nd time after I have selected my computer location (Incidently the list of computer locations appears empty).

What can I do to solve this problem?

Have you set up a computer location? (If not go to: http://whatpulse.org/my/computers/ to do so) and then try again?

Ok it worked, but I lost my 120,000 keystrokes that wouldn’t pulse =(

I have the same problem. I’ve set up a computer now and the error message now is Couldn’t connect to proxy server, tho i could select the computer and click login, and thats when this error message appears. I clicked on don’t use proxy server tho… :\

Yeah 1.5* - 1.6* require you to have a computer location so that you can then use whatpulse in multiple locations.

Where are you using whatpulse? If your using it at home then I’m not sure what the problem is but if you are using it at school/college/work etc then you’ll pobablly be contected through a proxy (such as “proxy.embc.org.uk”), if you can find out what is then you can enter it into the whatpulse settings and you should be good to go.

### Edit ###
Make sure that once you have logged in go to settings and make sure that no proxy settings are in there.

Sure im using at home, thats why i dont understand :frowning:

Anyway i havent found any proxy-related settings here in my profile

[quote=realfan10]Sure im using at home, thats why i dont understand :frowning:

Anyway i havent found any proxy-related settings here in my profile[/quote]

Just searches through the forum but can’t really find anything that would be usefull to sugest, best bet would be to wait for a responce from bobL or somone who knows what their talking about :wink:

All I can sugest is logging out of your profile and then logging in again (Although if you do this, you WILL loose all of your current key clicks/mouse strokes)

~ Chris

[quote=realfan10]Sure im using at home, thats why i dont understand :frowning:

Anyway i havent found any proxy-related settings here in my profile[/quote]

Greetings,

Are you using Windows XP with built in firewall? If so, please make sure that WhatPulse is defined as an exception.

~Century0

Same problem here. I have XP Pro, NetGear router, and ZoneAlarm Pro as firewall.

Even with port 3490 unblocked, it can’t connect to proxy server (but I don’t use proxy servers, I’m at home). Obviously, it neither work with port 80.

What’s the problem? I used an older version before, and till the 3rd of May it went well; then, it couldn’t send pulses and clicks. So, i downloaded the lastest version (1.6.2)… and now I can’t even connect…

PS I set the Computer Location.

Open the registry, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WhatPulse\Windows and tell me the value of ‘ProxyUse’ (not ‘ProxyUser’).

lol…i didn’t even need to open the registry, i only needed really to add whatpulse to the exceptions of the windows crappy firewall…now it works, thanks guys

Edit: yeah i could log in with the software but now it doesnt pulse…lol. The value of ProxyUse is 0.

Ok… now it works… but I didn’t touch at all the registry key…

I don’t know what was the problem, I don’t know what was the solution, I don’t know why now it works… LOL. :confused:

Ahh, how I love WhatPulse. :stuck_out_tongue:

realfan: Try changing ports, that should help you pulse.

rofl, yeah it works now thanks :slight_smile: