Delete cheaters!!!!!!

We really need more people that could delete cheaters!!!
Look at the list of cheaters in the suspected cheaters thread in bobl’s post, almost half of them stopped cheating for now because nobody took action when they were reported…
I don’t like WhatPulse anymore because of the cheaters that won’t be deleted…
My brother (The_Zeroorez) also stopped because of this (not only this but also other things) shit… Ok, I know that PinkFloyd and wasted don’t have much time, but I guess that giving bobl and X-Kal (they do much on these forums and have more time I guess) the rights to delete cheaters isn’t that much work? :S

I stopped looking because no one was doing anything about it.

If given the option I’d help out more on the forums/website, but I haven’t been so oh well. D:

And now I actually have the idea that wasted and pinkfloyd say: “Well, it’s just Pimorez, nobody will follow…”

But they’re wrong! (If they think so :P)
I’m sure more people will follow, more people of my team think so!

And now I have the idea that nobody exept a few unknown people and guests + bobl and me red this topic…

Bad!

I am most definitely unknown…NOT. I simply could care less. This program was not made for people to compete. Whatpulse was formed so that you could track how much you typed, your keys per second, and various other statistics like that. Use the program for what it was made for and you wouldn’t have to worry about what other people do.

~Century0

Silly American. That means you /do/ care. You mean you COULDN’T care less.

Two points:

1. Hacking is illegal.
  2. It still ruins the leaderboard and other stats for people playing it fairly. Whether you use it or not, it is there for a reason.

[quote=bobL]Silly American. That means you /do/ care. You mean you COULDN’T care less.

Two points:

1. Hacking is illegal.
    2) It still ruins the leaderboard and other stats for people playing it fairly. Whether you use it or not, it is there for a reason.[/quote]

Yes, and THAT is why I don’t like whatpulse so much anymore, I thought it would be a fair competition so I could try to come in top 100, but with the cheaters that’s just impossible…

Now, I don’t like the idea of cheating - it’s kinda ruining the fun for those who go for the competitive element, or even those of us who like to see our rank go up now and then.

But I do wish that more of these hackers would be willing to come forth and help us out by explaining what they did to get the cheat to work - that’s how security gets improved, not only here, but with major industries, even banking industries. Of course, I don’t think Washington Mutual would look to kindly upon you exploiting vulnerabilities on their site - they have their own hired people try to do that. But here… yeah… share your knowledge and help us make it easier to block cheaters, so we don’t have to go out, find, report and ban all the cheaters we can find.

And yes, I’m with you Pimoroz, we need to delete these cheaters, somehow.

(Do you have IM?)

Yes I have, and I totally agree with you from what I understand :wink:

Added you! :wink:

I registered just to comment on this topic… anyways…

I’m taking a look at the Top 25 Users… and 20 of them have 0.00 miles but they have millions of clicks. How exactly do they get 130,000,000+ clicks if they never move their mouse?

At the very least, there should be some server-side script that’ll wipe out obvious cheaters.

nemo, because some people, disable their miles. I have mine disabled, because it creates lag on my system.

~Century0

[quote=Century0]nemo, because some people, disable their miles. I have mine disabled, because it creates lag on my system.

~Century0[/quote]

Ohhh… I didn’t realize you could disable it. I see the option now. Anyways… There’s gotta be another way to figure out the cheaters :frowning:

Oh yeah, I forgot about that bit. Considering how little I use my mouse, I might consider disabling that bit, too.

We’re working on ways to weed out the cheaters, and even better, how to make sure they don’t cheat in the first place.

I’m hoping that when the 1.47 goes out of phase, we’ll see a dramatic reduction. Then again, it would be nice if some of the cheaters would share their techniques with the staff, and maybe help us work on cutting back the amount of cheating… but that’s probably too much to ask -_-

I know it’s an old topic but I think it’s still a problem (and it were still on page one in the forum category :P)

I think Whatpulse should get 3-5 users with some time on their hands and let them be able to warn and ban users who they think cheats (and work on the suspected cheaters thread). Active mods or users on the forum or irc for an example.
It’s a fine line to be drawn to where a user is cheating or just a computer “geek/freak” :stuck_out_tongue: but I believe someone have to do it, because in my mind there’s just no whay for a user who’s been registred for over 3 years or so to have over 2.5-3 kps, I mean that’s just an insane amount of keys to keep up for that long time (imo).

Another “solution” to the problem where non-cheating users want to be able to compare to other non-cheaters could be to sort out users with kps lower than 0.5 / 1.0 / 1.5 (and so on) in the toplist. That way the most obvious cheaters is long gone with their insane kps average.
Not gone from the system or so, but at least a way for us to compare to each other with them out of the list.

What about over a period of two months? My mate has 4.48 average keys per minute and
4.95 average clicks per minute (over the last two months) but all he does is play games. Seriously, thats all he does. :slight_smile:

• Pretty sure hes not cheating though :s

Quarzi’s idea is very good, especially with the warns, but I don’t think that normal users should be able to delete accounts…

But guys, first let’s wait till 1.4.7 can’t be used anymore and then make a new anti-cheat team :smiley:

I’m with Pimorez =)
When the old client can’t be used no more the lists should have a major walkthrough, with or without the help from some trustworthy members / mods of the forum.

c-smith:
Keys Per Minute and Keys Per Second is quite the different =)
I have around 32 KPM and about 0.54 KPS.
I don’t play much games tho, mostly chating and programing.

[quote=Quarzi]I’m with Pimorez =)
When the old client can’t be used no more the lists should have a major walkthrough, with or without the help from some trustworthy members / mods of the forum.

c-smith:
Keys Per Minute and Keys Per Second is quite the different =)
I have around 32 KPM and about 0.54 KPS.
I don’t play much games tho, mostly chating and programing.[/quote]

Hmm, now that I look closer at the post I can made it become increasingly clearer that my brain is not functioning.

I am stupid.

Yes, your stupid =D

^^

But back ontopic: it’s good if wasted/PinkFloyd really does something with this idea, because they also don’t have so much time, and then the active users (that have the rights) can allready do some work for wasted and PinkFloyd :smiley:
Good for them, WhatPulse and us :slight_smile:

I was directed to this thread by a higher power for no particular reason… soo…

WHERE’S MY DAMN PINK PONY.