Consistency

All I want is a stable/consistent 2.x version. I was quite happy using 1.x.x for the last 8 years, I assumed by the release of 2.x it would have been stable (I assume stuff would be added/changed, and lets face it bugs do happen) but this is an utter nightmare.

2.0.0 had my CPU heating up and blasting up to 70% usage without warning.
2.0.1 had enormous just crashing issues.
2.0.2 lagged a bit and you had to pulse WITH the window open (something I was somewhat alright with)
2.0.3 now causes my pc to freeze every 5 minutes for roughly 1-3 seconds. (which is silly cause I installed that version early the 28th, and it didn’t start doing that till the morning of the 29th)

I love the team behind this project, I get I am not deserved of anything in particular for using their service all these years. All I ask though is that if a release was to be made, just make it stable.

Now I am visiting the forum roughly 10 times a day to see if a new release is out that will actually work.

tl;dr - I am frustrated

I’ve had different experiences with each version:
2.0.0 was pretty stable but used to crash after resuming from standby on my laptop
2.0.1 is the most stable and I’m using it now, it crashes very rarely
2.0.2 crashed every time it tried to auto pulse
2.0.3 freezes my pc just like yours, + it doesn’t count all the keys, it probably counted less than half
So yeah, for different pcs it might behave differently.

What you’re forgetting, is that the issues (which were more than just the list you mentioned) are fixed in the next releases. (granted, while introducing other problematic things)

I always test the sh*t out of the builds (5 different computers/laptops, 9 different OSes, heavy use for a few days) before putting it on here (except for the pulsing on 2.0.2, which I released too fast) and have basically never been able to reproduce the lionshare of the issues people are getting. This makes it terribly hard to make absolutely sure everything is resolved before I put it out here. That is also why I put it on the forums first and not just posting it to the website, to basically test whether people are still getting issues.

As I see it now, all that remains is the “system freeze” as people describe it (I think it’s more a client freeze, as the backup process currently happens in the main thread and I need to put that in a separate thread so it doesn’t bother the GUI). I’ve already put in the old input counter method as well as the new one, so counting should be entirely fixed, and have not gotten around to the database backup functionality yet. Shouldn’t be too much work, so you can expect a 2.0.3.1 soon.

I am glad you took the time to personally respond to this, its not that I feel nothing is being done. I am sure you guys are working frantically to fix the issues and get a stable 2.x released.

Thank you for your time, hope the process goes smoothly.