Any meaningful statistics?

Hi!
I’m wondering why WhatPulse doesn’t really offer any meaninful statistics when it comes to comparisons (by country, team, whatever). To me, just counting the total number of keystrokes in a country doesnt make much sense because that number will depend, above anything, on the number of WhatPulse members in that country, or, more generally, on the total population in that country. So if, for example, the US are #1 in a country ranking, that means absolutely nothing.

Try this: copy the first page of the country input ranking and paste it into excel. Then have excel calculate two new columns: keys per member and clicks per member and then sort the table according to those new indicators, You will see that the whole ranking changes completely. So what’s the point in having those stats in the first place? :huh:

In the case of teams, you might want to consider another factor in addition to size and that is age, i.e. since when has the team been active. What’s the point in comparing a team that has entered the race 2 months ago with one that entered two years ago? Makes no sense to me. :huh:

So: my point here is not to complain but to ask: has anyone else wondered about this? Why are there no better statistics options implemented? I mean: there are such great possibilities of what you could do with the data - even if you only look at your personal dataset - so why is that not used? It’s really not a gib deal to implement it (or is it?).

For example: if I’m paying for the premium membership, I’d like to be able to see a graph not just about the uptime of each application but also keystrokes per application (over time). As far as I can see, not even that is currently possible. :s

What do you think?

/Christoph

Hi /Christoph
I agree, the statistics could be refined. Calculating some more meaningful values (i.e. a sum divided by number of users, or transfer volume per time, some averages here and there) should be relatively easy to program in PHP.

Also, to illustrate the progress of a specific development, some simple line graphics would help, too. Although it’d take a little more effort to get those programmed.

And since we’re already deep into suggestions: Some export function would be nice, to
export/download the values of a shown table in a simple raw format (CSV for example), so we could all do our own math (at least the fellow nerdlings amongst us). :slight_smile:

@Whatpulse-guys: keep up the good work!
SwissAndi

[quote=“SwissAndi, post:2, topic:11573”]
And since we’re already deep into suggestions: Some export function would be nice, to
export/download the values of a shown table in a simple raw format (CSV for example), so we could all do our own math (at least the fellow nerdlings amongst us). :-)[/quote]

I use the TableTools extension for Firefox. It’s brilliant!

i just installed and tested it successfully. very cool tool, thanks for the hint! :cool:

I’m doing this entire app because of statistics. More data = good. I want to be able to export data to Excel and graph it.