"Already Running" on startup

I installed the newest version not too long ago, and now every time I restart, it fails with the error message:

“WhatPulse is already running! Only one instance is allowed.”

I have uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail, restarting multiple times after I reinstalled but its not working. I disabled the start at runtime in msconfig and it still has this error message.

Please help.

Bumps

bump, still having this issue after a week of uninstall and multiple restarts. Please help.

Are you sure you’re just not missing the icon in the tray menu? Windows hides it by default. The only way the client detects it’s already running is if there is a mutex created with a specific name to WhatPulse. Without a running client, that mutex does not exist and the client will be allowed to run.

Positive. WhatPusle isn’t even installed anymore, but when I try to reinstall I get the same error message when running it for the first time. Where can I verify that there isn’t a mutex created by whatpulse even if it isn’t running? Something I noticed is that WhatPulse still has a listing in the Windows Startup Progams even though it isn’t installed, the path is directs to doesn’t exist and its registry entry also doesn’t exist, but it is still on the msconfig listing.

Problem is fixed. I had to go into the registry and manually delete the entries for the program start up because the installer doesn’t take care of this.