3.0 for Linux

So let me get this straight: My partially nonfunctional 2.9b2 client tells me there’s an update (which I need to download manually), I get an email there’s an update, the website tells me there’s an update showing Windows, Mac an Tux logos, the release notes have a thing about Linux Meta key mapping in them - and then there’s no client for Linux for download at all and the download folder at https://whatpulse-clients.ams3.cdn.digitaloceanspaces.com/release/3.0/ even denies file listing with HTTP 403?
Are you guys joking? :huh:

Yes, and we’re laughing very hard at it(?). I don’t know what you want me to tell you, but the lack of the Linux download simply means that it’s not quite ready yet. Work has gone into it during the 3.0 work, which is why it’s listed in the release notes. The release of the Linux client isn’t mentioned in any of the release notes or announcements, meaning it’s not there yet.

I’d think you’d want a functional Linux client, and not a partially nonfunctional one.

Thanks for the bit of insight on the Linux verison of 3.0.

Hopefully it’s not terribly hard to have working sooner than later. It’d be awesome if an email went out when it’s up an running too.

[quote=“smitmartijn, post:2, topic:15445”]The release of the Linux client isn’t mentioned in any of the release notes or announcements, meaning it’s not there yet.
[/quote]

Clearly no sign of Linux update/availability announcements - if there’s no news on the Linux side of things, just don’t say anything and nobody will bother? That’s the entire point I’m here…

Well we already have that, it’s 2.9b2/1915 that has no network usage counters, probably for permission reasons when running in a non-root environment.

29-12-2020 13:29:11.531 DEBUG Couldn't open device  "wlan0" : wlan0: You don't have permission to capture on that device (socket: Operation not permitted)

Will this 3.0 download have Fedora support? And do you know when any of these will be available?

Try the snap version here: https://medium.com/whatpulse/an-update-on-the-linux-client-a23d8529964

This version, and future releases, are compatible with Fedora.