Wired Network Stats for USB-C to RJ45

I recently purchased a new HP laptop running Windows 10 and installed Whatpulse 2.8.4. I do not have a built-in Ethernet port, so I am using a USB-C to RJ45 adapter, which is working as expected. For some reason, Whatpulse does not seem to record network usage through the USB-C port, though it records wireless traffic without issue. How can I correct this issue?

Is there a way to get my client to recognize my USB-C port traffic as network? Under advanced settings, I have tried “update network port description database” but this didn’t seem to do the trick.

I am in no way an expert, but did you try experimenting with when to attach/start what?

E.g. have the dongle connected to the laptop before starting it, have it plugged in before starting WhatPulse etc.?

But it could also be that the dongle is seen as a virtual network card (like with VPNs and Virtual Machines / Containers) and WP excludes those for obvious reasons

Rebooting with the adapter in place has fixed the problem! Previously I had attempted to restart my client. Thank you!