Windows Mobile?

Has anyone thought of making a Windows Mobile version of WhatPulse? I think it would be great. I have a Dopod 838 Pro with a full qwerty keyboard and I use it heaps. It would be great if it could count my keys. I tried the normal windows version on there but it threw an error saying it was a Pocket PC app.

Whatpulse for windows Mobile would be great :slight_smile:

it would be great also for Symbian. But at the moment i think it’s more important that the developers focus on completing Linux and Mac versions.

There are definitely things to consider if there will be a WhatPulse for cell phones of any kind. How would the pulse data be transmitted to the server? Should it be via text message or through your data plan? Ideally, it would use your internet data, since then it would make it harder to cheat (it would be so easy to forge texts), but then it would restrict the application to those who have data plans on their phone.

Yes, that could be a problem. Maybe there is another possibility using two applications: client and pulser.
The client is installed on the phone, and saves keys on a crypted file on its memory.
The pulser is installed on the computer, and when the phone is connected via usb or bluetooth it open the file, get the data, pulse and reset the store file on the phone.

[quote=Antares88]Yes, that could be a problem. Maybe there is another possibility using two applications: client and pulser.
The client is installed on the phone, and saves keys on a crypted file on its memory.
The pulser is installed on the computer, and when the phone is connected via usb or bluetooth it open the file, get the data, pulse and reset the store file on the phone.[/quote]

Ooh, that sounds like a neat idea. I can’t say how feasible it is, since I have no clue how any of that works… but that definitely sounds like an option.

I’m getting a HTC Touch HD tomorrow, and its a Windows Mobile 6.5 Based Phone. I am really interested in being able to use WhatPulse on the device. If anyone needs me to test some software etc on the device, let me know, I’d be more than happy to help. Every keystroke helps. :slight_smile:

There is no software to test :wink:

Obviously I was referring to the future when you make the software Bob :stuck_out_tongue:

:stuck_out_tongue:

If there were to be any software made for smartphones, it would be BlackBerrys. I don’t see WhatPulse for Windows Mobile being popular at all.

Hell, I’m sure when Apple finally pull their heads out of their arses and let programmes run in the background, WhatPulse for iPhone/iPod Touch will be extremely popular. But again, can’t see it for Windows Mobile.

Thats a shame. Guess I will just keep saving for a laptop for college, haha. :stuck_out_tongue: