WhatPulse randomly ends itself / client stops working

Hi,

title says it all. I don’t use WhatPulse for a very long time now, but for some reason it tends to randomly crash/end. No error message, nothing. Disappointing to see that the programm you trust to record your keystrokes is gone after writing something or playing a game for some hours. I couldn’t reproduce it yet, which is even more annoying…

Drivers are up to date, WhatPulse has a firewall and Antivirus exception. I can’t think of anything else to do atm.

Any ideas ? :huh:

Please supply more information, as asked in this thread: http://whatpulse.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=810 - as without this info, we can’t help you.

I am sorry, I just thought maybe this is a known issue but couldn’t find any thread about it and totally forgot about further informations. Of course you’re right, my bad.

1. I use the latest version (2.1.1) of What Pulse.
  2. My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit (also the latest version; 6.1 SP1 Build 7601)
  3. I am the only user of this PC. And yes, I have administrator rights of course.
  4. I did not get any error/crash/failure message or whatsoever so far.
  5. While running WhatPulse (and when this happens) I also ran:
  • avast ! (exception for WhatPulse does not change anything and I’m a free user, so no extra firewall here)
  • Google Chrome / different games
  • Realtek HD Audio Manager
  • AMD Catalyst
  • RadeonPro (for some games)

As it may help - my system specs:

Phenom II X4 955 BE (not manually OCed)
8 GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1333 Mhz
ASRock 870 Extreme R2.0
Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm (not sure if 7200.11 or something else, but it shouldn’t matter anyway)
Sapphire HD 6870

Thanks for your time.

I suggest trying the latest beta. Based on what users have posted, it’s stable, and it has a crash reporter in case you do still get crashes.

Version 2.2 is now available on the Downloads page. This should solve any problems you are having as the new version is doing very well. 2.1 did have a few problems, and I stopped using it for a little while.

I’ll try it. Thanks ! :slight_smile:

I think it is safe to say that updating to v2.2 resolved the problems. Thanks again.