Whatpulse isn't counting my keys or mouse clicks

Whatpulse will sometimes decide to all together stop counting my clicks and keys. I can’t figure out what triggers this, but there are a ton of blank pulses on my profile from when this happens. I’m also not sure what I’ve been doing to fix it, I think I restarted the client earlier and it was running smoothly until now. Anyone know what’s going on?

2.0.1 on Windows 7

Also having this problem. Whatpulse will recognize my Mouse clicks but there is major lag and it doesn’t count all of them. The only keys it will recognize are the Shift, Control, Alt, and Caps Lock keys.

Also isn’t recognizing the UP or DOWN. I’m on a Macbook pro using Mac OSX Lion 10.7.5 and WhatPulse whatever the newest version is at the time of posting.

Same problem running Windows 7.

I have the same problem and it ALWAYS happens when I load the system from Hibernation state. After WP restart it starts counting as usual. (Win 7 x64, WP 2.0.1 and 2.0.0 too)

I think I have the same problem on win8 x64.
I see only 8.770 keys on my client and I’m sure it’s less than it should be for today

Same problem here. After hibernation it stops counting keys. Right-click Quit takes a long time to take the program down. Restarting whatpulse solves the problem. Win7 64bit

Same Problem here. I am using Win7, 64bit, hibernating and putting the laptop to sleep a lot. Restarting WhatPulse helps for now…

Same here! There is also a big lag between my key pressures and the update on the geek window or the systray icon.

Win 8 x64 (and a Linux VM in VMware Workstation’s Unity mode without own WP client)

Same thing here. I still have no idea what triggers it, just realized after coming out of a game. Restarting seems to have worked but as iStan said, quitting the program takes a really long time. Shame really as 1.7.1 as I upgraded from worked flawlessly.

I also think it’s a shame that you removed the feature that counts how far the cursor has “travelled”.

I’m on Win7 32bit, upgraded to 2.0.1 yesterday.

Most recent Whatpulse version, hasn’t been counting for a few days. Only things being recorded is the uptime, download, and upload. Restarting Whatpulse fixes it for a few minutes, then it stops again.

Same thing, I just put WhatPulse on my MacBook Pro, the new client doesn’t count the keys and only counts about every other click.

Running Windows 7 32-bit and after hibernation, WhatPulse 2 stops counting the mouse clicks and keyboards. Restarting the program after hibernation seems to fix the problem

Same problem. Windows 7 64-bit, WP 2.0.1. It won’t record anything, but will pulse normally, after wake from hibernation. Restarting the program fixes the problem.

Also, I can’t seem to find the debug logs. The \Appdata\Roaming\debug.log only records for 1.7, it hasn’t been written to since the upgrade to 2.0.

For the moment I uninstalled WhatPulse since it isn’t really counting pulses and clicks. I hope they can solve it before I lose my interest.

It’s a pity that I can’t go back to 1.7.1…

I agree with iStan, I wish I could go back to 1.7.1 until they fix the counting bug. think of how many keypresses and mouseclicks you are losing

I hope they notice this thread soon and get the problem worked out

I even can’t pulse keys and clicks…

Okay, my issues were definitely occurring after awakening my computer from hibernation (but not all the time!), and restarting the program after hibernation fixes the issue.

Here’s hoping for a fix in the next version!

FWIW, they are aware of the issue and are working on it. Even 2.0.1a has these issues. They have responded in other threads.

We are working on it.

The counting stops after hibernation will be fixed in 2.0.2. For now you will have to restart after resuming.