WhatPulse getting too detailed

Years ago when I tried to get people to be part of WhatPulse, there were many who were worried it was a keylogger or collected information they didn’t want out in the public. I brushed off their comments and kept using WhatPulse.

Over time the features improved. We got to find out how far we moved out mouse, the heatmap of our keyboard. The heatmap is when I started to get worried because WhatPulse was moving towards a type of keylogger. As more features came, so did less privacy.

I recently noticed the application information. I didn’t like this part and immediately removed it in my settings. Not a big deal, but the fact that WhatPulse is now collecting that type of information I can only guess where it will go in the future.

I will continue to use WhatPulse, but I can’t say for how much longer if more and more information is exposed over time.

I share your standpoint, which is why it’s a fundamental choice to allow the user to select which features you want to use. If you don’t want to use/expose it, disable it.

Next to the client features, the website also houses privacy settings in which you can select what you want to display public and what you want to keep private.

Because of the control -you- have, I don’t see the problem in the features of the client.

None as of now, but I hope that doesn’t change in the future.

Then I don’t get the reason for the post. :wink:

An effort to let the staff of WhatPulse know not to take it out of control. More to be preventative than an actual complaint.

Even if it goes, as you say “out of control” - as that can be different for different people, everyone has different lines - you’ll always have the control of turning the features off that you think are not acceptable.

I think Martin will always see the importance of privacy regardless of any new features that are added.

Your ISP tracks your network data just the same as WinPcap does, so they know you are not going over your usage, or fair usage for “unlimited” plans.

Honestly, I think this is a severe case of overreacting. Not to mention you can disable certain features. Besides, by getting on the internet, you have pretty much given up all claims to privacy anyway. Whatpulse is the LEAST of your privacy concerns dude.