WhatPulse 2.4 and OS X Mavericks

I’m sure multiple complaints have been made in the past regarding WhatPulse and its tendency to cause new issues with updates on OS X, but this one seems to be odd enough and I want to fix it sooner rather than later.

The issue is that after updating, only certain keys are counting towards my total key presses. Clicks are still working as per expected. The only keys that are mapping are anything but a letter or a number… Or backspace/enter.

I’m using OS X Mavericks on a MacBook Pro (Early 2011).

EDIT: Should probably note that this is an annoying issue to say the very least, as I rely on the letters a-z daily to help me on my quest to spell things in proper English.

[quote=“Gallaeaho, post:1, topic:13415”]
I’m sure multiple complaints have been made in the past regarding WhatPulse and its tendency to cause new issues with updates on OS X, but this one seems to be odd enough and I want to fix it sooner rather than later.[/quote]

Not really, as the search function in this forum might show. The key for OS X in general is for the “Accessibility” option to be enabled for the client. In OS X Mavericks, this is under System Preferences → Security & Privacy → Accessibility.

OS X Mavericks has the annoying habit to leave upgraded applications ticked (which is the only thing the WhatPulse client can detect, if it’s ticked or not), but not trust the application. This makes you need to disable it first and then enable it again.

[quote=“smitmartijn, post:2, topic:13415”]

Looks like that will do it. Yes-- That is quite annoying of OS X.

hmmm… I am on OSX Mavericks with WhatPulse 2.4. I was getting key capture for all my keys through what pulse.

Recently, what pulse has been recording only the Modifier keys (command, option, control, shift) are being recorded now.

I have toggled the security/privacy settings multiple times, as well as restarting the what pulse app.

What can I do to record all my keys again?

Disable Accessibility setting, restart the client, enable Accessibility setting, restart the client again.

As long as the client complains about the Accessibility setting, it will not record properly.

[quote=“smitmartijn, post:2, topic:13415”]

Thank you very much, this helped me a lot!