WhatPulse 2.0.3

Due to the lovely randomness of input hook results, I’ve decided to put it both methods of input detection and have the client see which method either works or is quickest in detection.

If you have a “Access violation” error on startup, I would ask you to remove the file: %LOCALAPPDATA%\WhatPulse\whatpulse.wpw and try starting it again.

This was not in the change log, so it has not been addressed.

This is one of the first versions that can auto detect proxy settings, if the proxy settings are too difficult to auto detect (which is the case), you can enter it manually.

Everytime WhatPulse writes the data to the HDD my desktop hangs/freezes for about 1-2 seconds. Open applications, e.g.the taskmanager keeps running normally, but I can’t move the mouse and keys typed while the freeze appear on the screen after the freeze. This applies to my Windows 7 x64 installation. Could anyone confirm that, or is this maybe an issue caused by another problem?

I’ve been having the same problem. Can’t verify that it’s being caused by WhatPulse, but it very well might be.

EDIT: Just confirmed it, it’s simultaneous with WhatPulse’s disk writes.

I’m experiencing the 1-3 second freeze when WP writes, but this version is working much better overall on Win 7 64 for me. On 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 WP would crash at least 4 times in an 8 hour day on my work computer. 2.0.3 has been stable since I installed it about 12 hours ago.

I’ve posted previously about mouse clicks on my Ubuntu 12 notebook not working anymore. Coincidence or not, they started working fine in 2.0.3.

Keep up the great work in hammering out the bugs!

well since it stops every x time counting keys and click (the red dot on the lower right ofthe icon stays on) I remover 2.0.3 and installed 2.0.2
Please fix it as this is more annoying than quiting

I think this one works better then 2.0.2, but 2.0.1 is better since I know when it stops counting. I still have one bug in 2.0.3 that really bugs me and another minor bug.

1. It randomly stops counting the mouse clicks. I can’t make it happen. So I don’t know what causes it yet.
  2. It does not see the clicks/keys if you are using TeamViewer. I know this was fine in 2.0.1 and 2.0.

I am thinking of switching back to 2.0.1 again even tho it stops working on some full screen apps. I will try the next test version tho.

I’ve been running 2.03 for over 24 hours on a WinXP machine without any problems to report.

Pete

2.0.3 is much more stable than 2.0.2 for me on windows 7 x64 and OSX Mountain Lion.

So 2.0.3 worked fine all day the 28th, now seemingly overnight mine does that 1-3 second freeze every 5 minutes thing…Honestly the inconsistency with 2.x is annoying.

2.0.3 is much more unstable, but also has much lower disk usage than the previous version. It crashes on using RDP (krdc), sending the system to sleep, and every now and then on random actions. Using Ubuntu 12.10 x64 @ 3.5.0-22-generic.

This still doesn’t work, mine still asks to authenticate when I wake my MacBook Pro up.

Mac OS X 10.8.2

Are these updates stable? I’m still at 2.0.1 and checked “Automatically check for new updates”. I’m not receiving any notification and when I download WhatPulse from the downloads-page, I’m downloading whatpulse-win-2.0.1.exe … . So that’s why I was wondering if these 2.0.2 and 2.0.3 are stable releases or not.

Had to revert back to 2.0.1.
Skipped 2.0.2 but tried 2.0.3 - kept crashing and freezing constantly, too unstable to use.

For me and my intentions 2.0.1 is the most stable release thus far.

[quote=“smitmartijn, post:21, topic:11408”]
If you have a “Access violation” error on startup, I would ask you to remove the file: %LOCALAPPDATA%\WhatPulse\whatpulse.wpw and try starting it again.[/quote]

That didn’t work, but deleting whatpulse.db did. I pulsed first of course, and the other stats that don’t pulse are no big deal. :cool:

I’ve rolled back to 2.0.2… 2.0.3 red dot and does not count. Rather have a crashing client than no counts

Same thing for me on my Win8 Pro (retail 64bit) system. Versions 2.0.2 and 2.0.3 keep crashing after 2-5 minutes (even when my pc is idling).

[quote=“Bloopy, post:34, topic:11408”]

D’oh, posted too soon. As soon as I exit the client and try to start it again, the error’s back. Please get to the bottom of this. I don’t want v2.0.1 wearing out my hard drives. :wink: It’d be nice to see some proper error handling/logging so we can be of more help.

Is there any version with some debug ? To help You guys have better feedback On some errors ? At least for Linux (Ubuntu) :slight_smile:
in version 2.01 and 2.02 network cars was found off course with help of setcap, with 2.03 it’s lost again and setcap isn’t helping. But rest is fine.
Edit: I’ve found my Network Cars, it shows when i uncheck check-box “Show only active interfaces” but the fun thing is, this is the only cars in my PC and it’s working. So how WP checks if NIC is active or not ?

I also reverted back to 2.0.1. That one at least gave me an error when crashing. The 2.03 version just stopped and got an red dot.

Windows 7 32 bit.

2.0.1 is perfectly stable for me.
2.0.2 crashes constantly unless open. Occasionally crashes anyways, but not too bad.
2.0.3 Randomly stops tracking without any warning.

I have reverted to 2.0.1 for the time being.