webAPI

Hi,

We got several problems with our webAPI team_parse.php

1. When you fill in teamnumber 1295 (dutch power cows) the parser stops after mr_fré … he has an eacute (é) in his name but in the XML file it will give an special character :s , The parser wouldn’t parse after him so its verry strange (we use the normal webAPI from here)

2. When we put the errors on (E^all) we’ll get many Notice index and notice offset errors :s

What’s the solution?
Thnx,
mastadizzy

To my knowledge, the servers have trouble with any kind of “unusual” characters, like the é. I know that a temporary fix would be to change the name to something like mr_fre or mr_fre`, though I don’t see those as ideal solutions. I get too many places that won’t let me use my hyphen already :frowning:

I also have problems with < > ’ " `

and most special characters.

In that same dutch team (team GoT, 1295) there are some guys that use an & in their name, this has to be converted to & because all XML parser won’t be able to parse the XML: it’s not well formed!

Special characters should be encapsulated within CDATA-containers.
Escaping characters with an HTML entity inside XML has no sense.

[quote=frickY]Special characters should be encapsulated within CDATA-containers.
Escaping characters with an HTML entity inside XML has no sense.[/quote]

The use of & > and < are valid within XML (all other “HTML entities” are not) so when you only have one of these characters it is better to use these entities than encapsulating them in a CDATA. Ofcourse when you use CDATA the problem of the high characters could also fixed, but even there it is better to use the right charset.