Vista Sidebar Gadget in Production

Is anyone working on a Vista sidebar gadget? I just want to see my total keystrokes, and of course other things - plenty of room for options.

It’s not currently possible for a live gadget, only one that’s updated every 5 minutes or so.

I haven’t heard of anyone working on one, likely for this reason. Live stats may be possible in a new version of WhatPulse - We’ll just have to wait and see.

[quote=bobL]It’s not currently possible for a live gadget, only one that’s updated every 5 minutes or so.

I haven’t heard of anyone working on one, likely for this reason. Live stats may be possible in a new version of WhatPulse - We’ll just have to wait and see.[/quote]

Why is it impossible for when you hit “spawn geek dialog” (which tracks your up-to-date total keycounts, rank, etc etc) that it puts the geek window on the sidebar instead of free-floating? It doesn’t sound that hard… but I don’t know anything about that sort of thing… :slight_smile:

Because there isn’t an api to hook into the geek window and would probably make for some awfully fun lag.

The only way is through the local XML file right now (updated every 5 minutes and unchecked by default).

I bug wasted to let me have a go, but ohhh no. ;]

What would be wrong with it updating every 5 minutes?

I have just built one.

I will post details shortly.

Just have to get 15 posts up :slight_smile:

Laguna Bay Condominium Prathumnak

[quote=bobL]Because there isn’t an api to hook into the geek window and would probably make for some awfully fun lag.

The only way is through the local XML file right now (updated every 5 minutes and unchecked by default).

I bug wasted to let me have a go, but ohhh no. ;][/quote]

I just made it and wasted was cool with it.

Actually he told me poeple wanted one. I dont even have vista.

But i made it refresh every 5 seconds.

Couples live

See this thread here http://forums.whatpulse.org/showthread.php?p=20931#post20931

Thats where this threads comments should go.

We now have a Vista Gadget to test.

It looks like this:

VAPORIZER REVIEWS