"Unknown server message, please try again"

When I try to run WhatPulse on my father’s office computer it says “unknown server message, please try again”. This popup pops up after saying that I already have an account, after logging in and selecting which computer. Any idea how this can be fixed?

WhatPulse

You already have the latest version of WhatPulse!

OK

KodeKatt

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate SP1

Yes

WhatPulse

Unknown server message, please try again later.

OK

SecondLife, SLON, Symantec, Thunderbird, Firefox, Ark, KWallet Manager, VNC Server, Apache HTTPd + PHP, MySQL, Postgress SQL, FileZilla FTP, DYNDNS Updater, MSN Messenger, STEAM, µTorrent, Dolphin, Skype, BOINC, KatMouse, CommunityGate Pro Email Service, EQEmuServer, SoThink SWF Decompiler, Notepad++, mIRC, GIMP, pykeylogger, Kopete, and Amarok.

I assume this issue is just random a server connection error and not me, but I am reporting it anyway!

[quote=KodeKatt]---------------------------
WhatPulse

You already have the latest version of WhatPulse!

OK

KodeKatt

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate SP1

Yes

WhatPulse

OK

SecondLife, SLON, Symantec, Thunderbird, Firefox, Ark, KWallet Manager, VNC Server, Apache HTTPd + PHP, MySQL, Postgress SQL, FileZilla FTP, DYNDNS Updater, MSN Messenger, STEAM, µTorrent, Dolphin, Skype, BOINC, KatMouse, CommunityGate Pro Email Service, EQEmuServer, SoThink SWF Decompiler, Notepad++, mIRC, GIMP, pykeylogger, Kopete, and Amarok.

I assume this issue is just random a server connection error and not me, but I am reporting it anyway![/quote]

If it does it longer than 24 hrs, post back and let me know and we’ll go from there.

~Century0

WhatPulse

OK

Same error message again.

Fixed

Exit WhatPulse.

I’m a command-line user, you can do the same from GUI, but it’s easier to just show the command prompt.

[CODE]Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Snø>cd C:\Users%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\WhatPulse

C:\Users\Snø\AppData\Roaming\WhatPulse>copy WhatPulse.wpw …\WhatPulse.wpw
1 file(s) copied.

C:\Users\Snø\AppData\Roaming\WhatPulse>del .
C:\Users\Snø\AppData\Roaming\WhatPulse*.*, Are you sure (Y/N)? y[/CODE]

Reinstall WhatPulse, Run, put in your settings/whatnot… once account is setup, exit WhatPulse again.

[CODE]C:\Users\Snø\AppData\Roaming\WhatPulse>copy …\WhatPulse.wpw .
1 file(s) copied.

C:\Users\Snø\AppData\Roaming\WhatPulse>[/CODE]

Run WhatPulse again.

The issue seems to be that when you reinstall WhatPulse, you have to uninstall or clear the files in there.

I encountered this problem by backing up my application data folder from when I was running Server 2003 R2 x64 Enterprise.

So, apparently when you reinstall the program without it being a fresh install, the program is unable to read the old files, except for WhatPulse.wpw and thus it is unable to communicate to the server.

i follow all of the instructions but still get the error message

unknown server message, please try again later

this is my first time using whatpulse. it driven me up the well