TribalWars

[quote=“https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TribalWars”]Tribal Wars is a free browser based MMOG. You can play the game from nearly any computer with internet access because there are no downloads necessary.

Your goal is to lead a medieval village to fame and power. With your help the small village will grow bigger and bigger. The population grows, production rises and trade prospers.

But not only your village grows. Neighbours are also looking to expand their influence. Troops are being recruited, villages are fortified and wild axemen plunder and kill.

You will meet other players, with whom you can fight together in a tribe.

Your village grows bigger and soon the formerly small village will conquer other villages…
[/quote]

TribalWars.net is an online text-based game in which players must build their village and troops to conquer surrounding tribes and villages. TribalWars incorporates graphical maps and village overviews to help enhance the user-friendlyness and overall feel of the game. The game is played in “real time”, meaning it is easy to gain points upon and is easy to use while enjoying your time on IRC. TribalWars supports over 15 languages!

Village Overview:

Channel:
#Tribal-Wars on the SwiftIRC network.
If you would like to join type this in your IRC client: /server irc.swiftirc.net:6667.
Once you are connected to the network type: /join #Tribal-Wars

Players List (Name, TWName, World)
Airsofter78 - Airsofter78 World 6 & 20.
Andrew-| - Euouae World 22
Arkane - Arkane1337 World 13.
Austin| - Imply, Safe Haven World 13.
Awong - Wongie World 13.
Bluebus112 - Bluebus112 World 22.
Elias_IX - EliiaZ World 7 & 18.
FoSho - FoSho E World 13 & 22.
Hardcore - Hardcore Nation World 18 & 22.
Home - Homewood World 13 & 22.
Hutchins - Hutchins Worls 13.
Lachie - xlachiex World 18 & 22.
Mithshark - Mithshark World 13.
StealthArcher - StealthArcher World 12 & 22
Steve| - SleepChamber World 13.

~Credits to Steve| for this.

that sounds fun :O!

It is, I’ve been playing for about two weeks and I finally got enough resources\requirements to be able to take over other villages.:sunglasses:

You need a premium account for that to do certain things? Well that’s bologna…

Sounds sort of like CyberNations…

CN is a browser-based game where you have your nation and build it up and you can attack other people’s nations if you’re strong enough, quite fun really :slight_smile:

Or “Ikariam” which I used to play a year or so ago. Got boring though =/

The only thing a premium account does is allow you to que more buildings into production.

well this game reminds me of the text base Utopia, wow it’s been a long time since I ever thought about that.

There were no actual buildings like a map kinda deal but it did require you to read a lot hehe.

I redid the entire thing. It’s more detailed and includes a picture of a village.

This looks nearly-identical to Travian - I’m not sure which came first, though.

I’ve never played Travian. What all is it about and does it play in real time?

It’s semi real-time. You decide, okay, I’m going to build the granary. It’ll take, say, 30 minutes to complete. Then, the upgrade might take 45 minutes, and so forth. It’ll give countdown timers for building projects, attacks in progress, trades, etc. But you don’t get to see the battle in action - just the aftermath.

I don’t know why… but i’m not a fan of travian