Suggestion: Geek window responsiveness

I really liked the pre-2.0 geek window which had snappy realtime updates. If it doesn’t take too much effort, could a checkbox to toggle the realtime geek window be implemented, defaulting off for worse computers?
Or perhaps even better, a slider with the options to update per second in this fashion for example: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - realtime.

I understand if things like bandwidth can’t be polled realtime, but it would be nice to at least have the option for keys/clicks and keys/clicks per second.

Thanks.

The window gets updated every 0,5 second, which is pretty snappy. It’s not wise to let it update more.

Why not? I’m sure I’m not the only one who prefers the realtime geek window, and considering it has been that way before, unless something fundamentally changed in the code that no longer makes it possible, I don’t see why it wouldn’t be possible.
It would work well with the instant Rates as well, assuming that its precision would be changed from 0.2 to 0.01 in order to make the last decimal useful in some way.

At least, I see it updating every 0.1 seconds to be snappy enough, but I wouldn’t exactly call 0.5 seconds snappy.

I think you’re confused with where it was ‘real time’ (not really real time as well), which was version 1. Between version 1 and version 2…everything changed, so that’s a pretty fundamental change, yes.

It’s simply not possible.

Well then you could’ve just mentioned that the change isn’t possible instead of arguing whether 0.5 sec updating is snappy enough or not while also leaving a hint that it could be possible to ‘let it update more’ :stuck_out_tongue:

Also regarding version 1, I remember it being pretty much realtime, unless you mean that it recorded the key release event instead of the key down event, which is pretty much insignificant imo.

It is snappy enough, you’re the only one that thinks it isn’t. And I really don’t see where I said “I would let it update more”.