Spam blocker

Hey, I initially wanted to name this account the same as my Whatpulse account, Robby250, but your forums wouldn’t let me because I was detected as a spammer or something for some reason which I’m not aware of, but at the same time this account name worked. So I would like to know 2 things:

1. If you could check this out this anti-spam thing so that new users can actually make accounts
  2. If this account could be renamed to Robby250.

Thank you.

[quote=Whatisthisidonteven]Hey, I initially wanted to name this account the same as my Whatpulse account, Robby250, but your forums wouldn’t let me because I was detected as a spammer or something for some reason which I’m not aware of, but at the same time this account name worked. So I would like to know 2 things:

1. If you could check this out this anti-spam thing so that new users can actually make accounts
  2. If this account could be renamed to Robby250.

Thank you.[/quote]

I checked the logs of banned users and banned usernames and did not see anything with that name, so I’m not sure what happened unless you typed a captcha wrong? As far as renaming goes, you will have to wait for Martijn, as I don’t have access to do it.

~Century0

I’m pretty sure I got it right as I tried making the account around 7-10 times, every time I refreshed the captcha until I got a perfectly readable one. And as soon as I tried this name, it worked instantly. I forgot to mention that I tried this name using a different email from the one I used when trying the other username.

Speaking of emails I’ve also tried changing my email on the actual Whatpulse website and after I click “Submit changes” it says that my profile has been updated, but as soon as I refresh the page it shows that it’s using the old email again, and I don’t receive any confirmation messages on either email accounts, yes I have checked the spam folders and everything.

It simply looks for certain patterns. This was yours:

Block due to username ending with numbers and hotmail.com as email

Username renamed.

Thanks. That pattern filter is kind of dumb though IMO.

Not really, it blocks about 550 spambots in a day.

2 more things, I wanted to edit my previous post but I got 2 power failures in a row:

1. Still doesn’t answer why I can’t change my account’s email on the actual Whatpulse website as described here: “Speaking of emails I’ve also tried changing my email on the actual Whatpulse website and after I click “Submit changes” it says that my profile has been updated, but as soon as I refresh the page it shows that it’s using the old email again, and I don’t receive any confirmation messages on either email accounts, yes I have checked the spam folders and everything.”

2. I think I just double pulsed and I don’t want to make a new thread about it. When it should’ve automatically pulsed I got a server error and was told to try again later, so I kept trying to pulse and then it finally pulsed. Now I see 2 pulses in 2 seconds, the second one having 6095 KP/s lol

[quote=Robby250]2 more things, I wanted to edit my previous post but I got 2 power failures in a row:

1. Still doesn’t answer why I can’t change my account’s email on the actual Whatpulse website as described here: “Speaking of emails I’ve also tried changing my email on the actual Whatpulse website and after I click “Submit changes” it says that my profile has been updated, but as soon as I refresh the page it shows that it’s using the old email again, and I don’t receive any confirmation messages on either email accounts, yes I have checked the spam folders and everything.”

2. I think I just double pulsed and I don’t want to make a new thread about it. When it should’ve automatically pulsed I got a server error and was told to try again later, so I kept trying to pulse and then it finally pulsed. Now I see 2 pulses in 2 seconds, the second one having 6095 KP/s lol[/quote]

I don’t see the second issue that you’re speaking of. Maybe I’m looking at the wrong times. As for the first thing, once again, that’s martijn.

~Century0

Smitmartijn fixed the second issue a few minutes after I posted that, which is why you can’t see it anymore :stuck_out_tongue: