[SOLVED] Immediate client crash on linux

I’ve been using WhatPulse for over half a year on Xubuntu 13.04 without any real issues, however today I noticed at some point that it wasn’t running anymore. So I decided to start it up again, but all I saw was the main window for a fraction of a second and then gone. So I decided to start it from terminal to see what it outputs and came up with this:

24-02-2014 14:13:09.530  INFO "Starting WhatPulse 2.3.1..." 
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.d/50-user.conf", line 9: reading configurations from ~/.fonts.conf is deprecated.
24-02-2014 14:13:09.719 DEBUG Database file:  "/home/simmo/.local/share/data/WhatPulse/whatpulse.db" 
24-02-2014 14:13:10.719 DEBUG Database check:  "ok" 
24-02-2014 14:13:10.720 DEBUG Opened database in:  1001 ms 
24-02-2014 14:13:10.731 DEBUG Found proper permissions for network monitoring 
24-02-2014 14:13:10.732 DEBUG Encrypted file:  "/home/simmo/.local/share/data/WhatPulse/whatpulse.wpw" 
24-02-2014 14:13:10.771 DEBUG Loaded application aliases 
24-02-2014 14:13:11.046 DEBUG Opening GeoIP database:  "/home/simmo/.local/share/data/WhatPulse/GeoIP.dat" 
24-02-2014 14:13:11.067 DEBUG WhatPulse  2.3.1  has started 
24-02-2014 14:13:11.393 DEBUG Starting timers and collector.. 
24-02-2014 14:13:11.393 DEBUG Creating device listener for "/dev/input/event0" 
24-02-2014 14:13:11.394 DEBUG Creating device listener for "/dev/input/event1" 
24-02-2014 14:13:11.394 DEBUG Creating device listener for "/dev/input/event10" 
24-02-2014 14:13:11.394 DEBUG Creating device listener for "/dev/input/event11" 
24-02-2014 14:13:11.394 DEBUG Creating device listener for "/dev/input/event12" 
24-02-2014 14:13:11.395 DEBUG Creating device listener for "/dev/input/event2" 
24-02-2014 14:13:11.395 DEBUG Creating device listener for "/dev/input/event3" 
24-02-2014 14:13:11.395 DEBUG Creating device listener for "/dev/input/event4" 
24-02-2014 14:13:11.395 DEBUG Creating device listener for "/dev/input/event5" 
24-02-2014 14:13:11.396 DEBUG Creating device listener for "/dev/input/event6" 
24-02-2014 14:13:11.396 DEBUG Creating device listener for "/dev/input/event7" 
24-02-2014 14:13:11.396 DEBUG Creating device listener for "/dev/input/event8" 
24-02-2014 14:13:11.397 DEBUG Creating device listener for "/dev/input/event9" 
24-02-2014 14:13:11.397 DEBUG Starting PfRingNetworkTrafficMonitor.. 
24-02-2014 14:13:11.419 DEBUG PF-Ring thread started 
Application crashed with signal 11!
0 [./whatpulse(_GeoIP_seek_record_gl+0x1d8) [0x81da6f8]]
1 [./whatpulse(GeoIP_id_by_addr_gl+0x7c) [0x81db59c]]
2 [./whatpulse(GeoIP_country_code_by_addr_gl+0x1f) [0x81db62f]]
3 [./whatpulse(_ZN20CountryBandwidthStat8doUpdateE9QDateTimeb+0x402) [0x8106472]]
4 [./whatpulse(_ZN4Stat6updateEv+0xad) [0x80e65ad]]
5 [./whatpulse(_ZN9Collector6updateEv+0x1ed) [0x80e587d]]
6 [./whatpulse() [0x82172df]]
7 [/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libQtCore.so.4(_ZN11QMetaObject8activateEP7QObjectPKS_iPPv+0x256) [0xb43a0b56]]

No interaction on my side with the program at all. So I’m wondering why does this happen and how did it just start happening today. I really want to fix this quickly since I wish my computer usage to be counted on Whatpulse :slight_smile:

Try downloading the GeoIP.dat file from http://dev.maxmind.com/geoip/legacy/install/country/ to /home/simmo/.local/share/data/WhatPulse/GeoIP.dat

Perhaps the automatic download got malformed.

That indeed has seemed to fix the issue. Thanks!