[SOLVED] Client crashes on startup v. 2.7 Win10x64

My Whatpulse client crashes on startup, I already tried reinstalling but that didn’t work. What else can I do? It’s giving the “Something is wrong with your whatpulse client” message.

Hi,

Could you copy/paste the message? There is no message like you’re describing. :wink:

The one that comes close is the one where your database got corrupted and the client can’t read it. But if it’s that one, it also presents a fix, just click “Yes” on the question and it will generate a new database. Could you let me know if that’s the one you’re seeing?

I get a popup after WhatPulse tries to start up from the WhatPulse Watchdog that just says “Something is wrong with your WhatPulse client. It was automatically restarted 4 times in the last minute. Please try to run it again in a few hours. In the meantime, a bug report has been sent.” I attached a screenshot too.

I hope my post gives this topic some visibility again. I encounter the same problem, there’s no way to start up whatpulse and it’s been like that since about 2 weeks.

I already uninstalled and reinstalled the application but it did not help.

Hi,

Could you post the info requested in http://whatpulse.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=810 ?

I’m also having this issue.

Version 2.7.1
Windows 10 64bit
WinPcap is fine as far as I know, program was working fine until recently.
It is an admin account
Error message is as above on startup.
Programs: Nothing that I would expect to impact, Chrome, VLC player, Steam, Flux.

I’m also having this issue.

Version 2.7.1
Windows 10 64bit
WinPcap and whatpulse reinstalled as Admin
It is an admin account
Error message see attachment screenshot_2.png

Second error triple score on pulsing before craching … see attachment screenshot_1.png

I have the same problem, Win 10 x64

The way i fixed this problem:

• Remove whatpulse completely (also remaining key … etc :frowning: )
  • Remove WinPcap
  • Ccleaner → clean register
  • Open regedit → remove everything with search “whatpulse”
  • Reboot (maybe not necessary)
  • Reinstall whatpulse

[quote="[DeApen]Grandmasg, post:9, topic:14959"]
The way i fixed this problem:

• Remove whatpulse completely (also remaining key … etc :frowning: )
  • Remove WinPcap
  • Ccleaner → clean register
  • Open regedit → remove everything with search “whatpulse”
  • Reboot (maybe not necessary)
  • Reinstall whatpulse
    [/quote]

That worked for me, thank you!

That worked for me, thank you!
[/quote]

I have the same problem, Win 10 x64
ANd the solution above didn’t fix my issue (tried two time with and without reboot)

Hi,

The issue with hooking up to an existing post is that your issue could be different from the one described in previous posts. If you do have an issue, try to post a new thread and definitely post the information requested in http://whatpulse.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=810

Having said that, if you’ve already reinstalled, you’re most likely not having the same issue. I’ve recently come across a few people who had corrupted ‘network-ports.csv’ files, which the client does not like. This file is located in your data directory (http://help.whatpulse.org/kb/client/data-files), try deleting it.

If that doesn’t work, definitely post the info in the thread I mentioned earlier.