[SOLVED] Clean up required and failing each startup

Each time I startup Whatpulse after the version 2.4.1 it gives me a dialogue saying that it will run a cleanup and that I may get a permissions request.

Whatpulse is installed on a drive that is not my windows drive, but I’ve never had any problems with it before.

I am also running Windows 8.1 (this update was supposed to add support for windows 8, but instead has broken it, lol)

An error window then pops up saying with the title being the path to whatpulse-after-updater.exe. The error message says: “Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.”

After I click ok and the dialogue disappears, whatpulse opens fine. I haven’t noticed any problems with whatpulse either.

I’ve checked the permissions of the file, tried opening it manually (with and without administrator permissions) and tried opening whatpulse with admin privileges.

Another weird problem I have is if I tried to right click on the whatpulse-after-update.exe file, I have to wait >5 seconds for the context menu/properties dialogue/file to open.

Can anyone help me solve my problem?

Have a look a the thread right below yours… http://whatpulse.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=5492

Using the search function before posting saves you trouble of opening your own thread.

I’m sorry, I thought we had different problems. I managed to delete it by using Bitdefender’s file shredder – I couldn’t move it to the trash because of permissions issues…

I’ll edit the thread’s title now.