Scroll counter

Why not add as an individual counter the scroll, just like the keys, clicks and miles counters? Would be nice to see how much people scroll too.

I mean maybe this site is almost 10 years old and it’s kinda late to implement something like this but better late than never, no?

I was thinking this too! It could count either scroll distance or scroll “clicks”.

Scroll cannot be measured accurately; some mice scroll a few pixels per scroll, others do a page per scroll and then there is the supplier-software and/or OS-settings as well.

I got 2 Logitech-mice here; once set with a “clicky wheel” to scroll 540pixels at once, the other is a “free wheel” which can scroll well over 40 pages in OpenOffice with a single spin.

[quote=“MAX3400, post:3, topic:10544”]
Scroll cannot be measured accurately; some mice scroll a few pixels per scroll, others do a page per scroll and then there is the supplier-software and/or OS-settings as well.[/quote]

I meant that it should be measured as number of scroll ‘ticks’, as in how many times you scroll up or down, not as a distance. Since games can use scroll up/down as keybinds, it shouldn’t be hard to implement this way.

That is easy to say but the operating system API’s don’t allow you get get the number of scroll ticks. That would mean you have to get into the low level raw hardware events, which is something we really don’t want to do. We would have to implement this for Windows, Linux and Mac and make sure it works for USB, PS/2, Bluetooth and whatever comes after.

The same problem exist with mouse distance. It’s just not do-able.